+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spells and dodge

Spells and dodge

The last post I saw indicated that spells and ranged attacks would be dodge-able. This indicated that casters would need 7.5 hit and 7.5 expertise. The expertise was supposed to double dip for hit to get spell hit cap.

I have set up my bars on my mage again and played around on the dummy but I completely forgot to look at the character sheet for expertise to see if it indicates a chance for my spells to be dodged. Other sources I am seeing indicate that the expertise to hit conversion is working but that expertise is unnecessary unless you can't hit cap and need the doube dip. (e.g. Reforge mastery on a hit+mastery piece to expertise if all hit regorges possible have already been done).

Any clarification on how this mechanic went live?

AFAIK spells are not dodgeable. Ranged attacks are. Essentailly this means that as long as your a melee and get both melee hit and dodge capped you're spells won't miss. I have no idea if this means that Casters will be able to reforge to expertise in order to gain hit.

Expertise removes dodge and spell miss, hit removes melee and spell miss.

For melee w/spells (enhance shaman, rogues, etc), capping melee hit for specials at 7.5% and capping expertise for dodge at 7.5% will ALSO give you 15% spell hit. For casters it doesn't really matter HOW you get to 15% spell hit, but the only important thing is that you're there. You can have 10% hit and 5% expertise and be fine...or vice versa...or just 15% hit. Whichever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Any plan that doesn't call for the end of the world or the extinction of the human race isn't a good plan

+ Reply to Thread