+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Weekly Marmot - Patch 5.0 Survival Guide

The Weekly Marmot - Patch 5.0 Survival Guide

Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

shoulda gone with thernomore

Lore you forgot the intellect not giving mana change, making spirit more interesting for healers.

Account-wide mounts

Not sure if this has been addressed elsewhere, but does this include Class specific mounts, such as the Paladin or Warlock mounts? It would make my paladin sad to see a Gnome DK on one......

Turkain

I know this isnt about mounts, but I was wondering if th guild mounts were going to be included in the patch. I really liked my dark phoeninx and would love to see that one and my golden King on the alliance side, as well as thier counterparts on my Horde toons...

Does anyone know if mounts/pets will be shared between factions? Ie, will my alliance toons get my horde toon's mounts/pets and vice versa?

Also, missed:

Hunter's minimum range removed.
    Cross realm zones - is that in the patch?

I take it we will still be made to be totally dependent on Jewel crafters and Enchanters still in MoP?

Additional:-

What was that little flash card at the end of TWM ? It said -

Band Keys
    Bank Dyes
    Snaked By
    Yank Beds
    Ads by Ken
    Sank by Ed
    Ska by Den
    Last edited by Banhammer72; 08-23-2012 at 09:03 AM.

Aren't the mana changes going in too, so suddenly all healers will have 100k mana and be freaking out about where everything over that went?

Quote Originally Posted by Turkain View Post
    Not sure if this has been addressed elsewhere, but does this include Class specific mounts, such as the Paladin or Warlock mounts? It would make my paladin sad to see a Gnome DK on one......

Turkain
    From what I've read, no class mounts will be cross-account, it was like that on the beta at one point but it was unintended. You won't see horde players riding alliance only mounts either, though I'm not sure if owning one would open up the horde equivalent, you certainly won't get dwarves on scorpions etc.

Amusingly, a few of the top end PVP mounts won't be shared either, because it relates to that specific player and class or something. PVE mounts receive no such restriction though,, despite the same thing being true.

I don't know whether to be sad for PVEers that see their prestigious items being spread all over, including the BMAH, or the PVPers who don't get to use the mounts they've earned on their alts. I wish they'd start developing some damn consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by tochisan View Post
    Does anyone know if mounts/pets will be shared between factions? Ie, will my alliance toons get my horde toon's mounts/pets and vice versa?
    IIRC faction specific mounts/pets are account wide but can only be accessed by characters of the correct faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    I don't know whether to be sad for PVEers that see their prestigious items being spread all over, including the BMAH,
    But it's still the player that got the mount that's getting to use it on alts, so not that bad. GC has mentioned What a Long Strange Trip it's Been going account wide, if so, hopefully the 310% flying goes with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    But it's still the player that got the mount that's getting to use it on alts, so not that bad. GC has mentioned What a Long Strange Trip it's Been going account wide, if so, hopefully the 310% flying goes with it.
    I'm not sure how i feel about that, I purposefully haven't bought 310% on some characters because of node issues when farming.

They confirmed that 310% will be removed from long strange trip.

You'll keep 310% on characters that already have it.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    They confirmed that 310% will be removed from long strange trip.

You'll keep 310% on characters that already have it.
    Damn.

Thanks, Lore.

The new Schoolomance/Scalet Monastery should be in too. Rush to get that tabard while you can!

No longer available to get

There will be any stuff in patch 5.0 / MoP , that you will no longer be able to get? like mounts or any achievement / feats of strength ?

Quote Originally Posted by wslucanm View Post
    There will be any stuff in patch 5.0 / MoP , that you will no longer be able to get? like mounts or any achievement / feats of strength ?
    As far as I know:
    When MOP releases (in a month) They will lower the chance to get the mounts from ragnaros and deathwing, the new drop rates are undecided yet.
    And it looks like "I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am" is going to be a feat.

Quote Originally Posted by eald View Post
    As far as I know:
    When MOP releases (in a month) They will lower the chance to get the mounts from ragnaros and deathwing, the new drop rates are undecided yet.
    And it looks like "I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am" is going to be a feat.

And what about the Ulduar / Icecrown raider mounts? Do you know if they will be removed?

Ulduar/Icecrown will, and I have no bluepost but just my honor as a person, not be touched. Mostly because the train for that has left the station more than a year ago. The achievements won't be touched, and the final boss hard mode mount drops have been at single-digit-percentages since cataclysm.

What Lore also didn't cover is that the hardcap on honor/justice will be enforced with MoP launch, though this may just be due to filming before the news got covered and then buried by beta builds again.

Also, our group just this last ID finished I can't hear you over the sounod of how awesome I am, (we started trying like 3 weeks ago) and I'm so glad we just got this in. Even getting it now is probably still kinda meaningful.

And, as a last thing a plug: I noticed how little use Tankspot's general forum got, but this was the only spot where I could post it. Just for you people I wrote a Guide to how Madness should have been, the awesome version of that fight. It is very much inspired by Lore's thoughts in the look back at DS, and maybe someone here can get something out of it too.
    Last edited by Vetaro; 08-23-2012 at 06:04 PM. Reason: added justice hardcap info

But do you think they (Ulduar and Icecrown raider achievement mounts) will be removed as soon as patch 5.0 pops up , or just when MoP releases in September 25?

+ Reply to Thread