+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide

Ignite weapon is only for DPS specs, Prot still gets Gladiator stance.

Unless someone forgot to tell Celestalon.
    Last edited by Tengenstein; 02-25-2014 at 04:28 AM.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Yeah, read the tweet, now I'm sad

Would've loved Ignite for Prot
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

As would I.
    MoP RPS Calculator

Especially because (unless somehow Gladiator Stance will still give the defenses Def Stance gives), you are basicly choosing between defensive CDs, a ranged AoE pool or .... doing your dailies.

And honestly, we're not Paladins or something, any prot war with dual spec has a DPS spec. If it's not useful in 5-man/raid content, it's useless to give us a damage talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Airowird View Post
    Especially because (unless somehow Gladiator Stance will still give the defenses Def Stance gives), you are basicly choosing between defensive CDs, a ranged AoE pool or .... doing your dailies.

And honestly, we're not Paladins or something, any prot war with dual spec has a DPS spec. If it's not useful in 5-man/raid content, it's useless to give us a damage talent.
    Any prot paladin worth his salt has a retribution OS, because the gear is almost identical other than the weapon. Holy off-spec as a tank is totally pointless.

Celestalon has made it quite clear than Gladiator stance is there to make Prot DPS a spec, and that their intent is for Prot warriors in gladiator stance to have survivability and DPS equivalent to Arms. As such i very much doubt it will have the THreat modifyer or damage reduction from defensive stance
    MoP RPS Calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    Any prot paladin worth his salt has a retribution OS, because the gear is almost identical other than the weapon. Holy off-spec as a tank is totally pointless.
    I agree. Tanka and healers should by default use dps offspecs at least on raid nights. I have little use for a tank/healer. Unless they are the dedicated healer or tank for every fight, that is.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Celestalon has made it quite clear than Gladiator stance is there to make Prot DPS a spec, and that their intent is for Prot warriors in gladiator stance to have survivability and DPS equivalent to Arms. As such i very much doubt it will have the THreat modifyer or damage reduction from defensive stance
    This sounds like the dumbest idea ever.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    QFT

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    ................. ^^
    Really, I don't know a lot about hunters and the only good advice I can give is: TURN PET TAUNT OFF! ~Aggathon

Why would you need to make prot dps a thing when you could do more damage by hitting the "respec to Arms" button and equipping a 2h weapon (or even "respec to Fury" and equip a second 1h that you had lying around)? I guess it'll be nice when not actively tanking, but then surely they'd need to find a way to give that dps boost to the other tanks too?

It's not an additional stance. It replaces defensive stance. it's not a case of prot doing more damage when not actively tanking, its a a case of prot with this talent is no longer a Tank at all but a fully fledged DPS spec. Gladiator Spec. and they want to balance it against Arms's DPS and Survivability. Warrior's will effectively have the choice of three DPS specs; Arms, Fury, or Gladiator

And if that wasn't wierd enough, consider the rotation, it's essentially the smae as prot, excpet without revenge procs, and that you consume shield barriers to increase SHield SLam damage by an equal amount. I very much doubt they'll let Gladiator stance keep the vengeance passive (or the crit immunity). which means that we now have a Melee DPS that some what scales off stamina as well as as AP. furthermore critical Block chance is also crit chance for Gladiators.

MoP RPS Calculator

Didn't they learn from when they had to balance tanks and dps of the same spec in Wrath?

I'm still curious as to how they will handle tier bonuses for Gladiators
    MoP RPS Calculator

Why would you need to make prot dps a thing when you could do more damage by hitting the "respec to Arms" button and equipping a 2h weapon

Because some Warriors have been bitching about wanting a "Shield PvP Spec" or some shit since Vanilla, it seems.

I kind of get gladiator stance for PvP but... why not just make prot PvP viable... you know... like it has been in the past. Or make gladiator stance a glyph instead of a talent.

Gladiator as a viable PvP stance makes NO SENSE in WoD since all stats will be both tank and DPS stats (since they are removing hit, expertise, dodge, and parry and all secondary stats will have more relevance in PvE since there won't be any more forging, so haste won't suck, is what I'm saying). So really the only difference in your tank gear and dps gear will be equipping a 2Her or another 1Her or 2 2Hers.

Not a fan, I do not understand this talent at all.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Hmm ... about the parry / Dodge - Mastery Diskussion here... it should be checked for what equip you get. If you have mainly gotten Parry/Dodge eq like i have, parry Dodge ist the way to go until you could get some Mastery parts ... if you have a nice mastery eq take this for better migitation.

Not really. Unless you were to cap out avoidance you're still leaving yourself open to potentially fatal hit strings. and even if you cap out mastery, you're going to struggle to pull the DPS of a parry build. if you're dying to boss melee hits, getting more parry is not going to change that. If you're dying to berserk timers, or not getting certain adds down fast enough, dading more mastery is not going to make the mob die any quicker.

you gear for the encounter and optimize the gear as best as you can. you don't let random drops dictate what's optimal and ignore what actually dangerous on progression fights.
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hi all.

Would using the legendary dps cloak instead of the prot legendary cloak be a dps increase with an avoidance build?

Also which trinkets would be the best to use for 25m heroic spoils?

As long as you're not in danger of dying it should be an increase AFAIK.

For trinkets you really can't go wrong with double stam, but all of the SOO trinks are good, except for the cleave one (then again maybe it's OK on spoils, not sure).

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

+ Reply to Thread