+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide

Quote Originally Posted by theodisius View Post

Just out of curiosity, why is hit>exp rather than hit=exp? i.e. which warrior abilities can miss but can't be dodged or parried?
    Thunderclap (and thus Weakened Blows) is the most important as a tank, Shockwave, Dragon Roar, Stormbolt, Heroic Throw and Shattering Throw as far as i now also require no expertise to land.

Quote Originally Posted by theodisius View Post
    And I guess it's exp to 15%? That's an awful lot of expertise for lower gear levels. I guess there's no argument for "balancing stats"? ie. getting some hit/exp at somewhat lower levels to leave more room for mastery? (Theckhd couldn't see one for pallies.) So now the gearing priority for warrior tanks is like that for protection paladins (which is what my main is), except warriors don't have haste challenging mastery for third place.
    Indeed, though for warriors all secondary stats are very close in value, that you shouldn't feel too bad because you're not hardcapped for expertise, It's certainly a goal to aim for., but not something you should really keep no matter what. Alot of the raid drops lack hit/expertise so maintaining your caps can be arduous, but but that doesn't mean you should stay in blues just to keep the cap.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

I caught some blurb about DBTS = Death By the Sword on MMO front page today.

Does this effect prot or anyone have insight?
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

DBTS is fury/arms only...looks like it stays that way on the PTR too, so I expect that no, it doesn't have any effect on prot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Any plan that doesn't call for the end of the world or the extinction of the human race isn't a good plan

edit: was just misunderstanding, see the following post.

Thank you very much for otherwise very clear and usefull guide
    Last edited by Jullietta; 11-20-2012 at 06:06 PM.

some times i miss bits when updating.
    MoP RPS Calculator

hi i dont know if its the right place to ask such question,
    im wondering if i should buy VP tanking trinket or i should spend it on other gear?
    this is my armory, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Halalmeat/simple
    a
    nd why my parry and dodge is so high?my stat priority is exp=hit>mastery, am i doing right atm?

You're logged out in Fury gear so I can't tell right now.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    You're logged out in Fury gear so I can't tell right now.
    soz! fixed!

I'd pick up the DPS valour chest first. It has a buttload of hit and expertise on it and as you under both it should be way better than a minor stam+mastery on use upgrade.
    MoP RPS Calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    I'd pick up the DPS valour chest first. It has a buttload of hit and expertise on it and as you under both it should be way better than a minor stam+mastery on use upgrade.
    i recently got an LFR necklace with hit and expertise stat, http://www.wowhead.com/item=86871
    i still need the dps chest?or i use the neck and buy something else?

You don't seem to understand you need to be hit and expertise capped. that 7.5% hit and 15 % expertise, then you go get stam/matery pieces. You're still 2k rating shy of the expertise cap, even with that neck.
    MoP RPS Calculator

im going to lose a lot of mastery if i aim 15% exp, it is still the right way to go?

Quote Originally Posted by oceanlord View Post
    im going to lose a lot of mastery if i aim 15% exp, it is still the right way to go?
    Hit & Expertise > Mastery, simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Mastery increases block and crit block chance. If you don't have enough rage to have a good Shield Block uptime, however, blocking is rather sub-par.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

hi im back again with the same question
    which equip should i buy with vp this week? i have 2k this week, exalted with panda faction and revered with dominance offensive
    this is my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lmeat/advanced
    thanks a lot

Find the biggest upgrade based on what's in current slot, and buy/upgrade that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

If you don't have it, I'd go for the stamina trinket with mastery on use. That's a big upgrade on the ghost dragonling whereas your other slots all look equally solid (489ish). You'll have to reforge/regem to keep hit/exp capped but at your gear level, that should not be a challenge.

You are getting close to the stage when you'd want to use VPs to upgrade your best gear rather than for new gear.

pre-reforging the pand trinket is certainly the nicer of the two, we're not very much in to dodge, ho9wever you are still a good chunk below the expertise cap and below the hit cap. until you are over both I can't recommend buying either as the Dragonling is just far too much of the stats you need. you need to regem to reach your caps. if you still can't get you caps, get the Dominance offensive trinket and reforge it, if you can reach the caps without reforging a trinket take the shado-pan one.

whatever you do get you hit and expertise caps.
    MoP RPS Calculator

Thanks for all the reply !

@theodisius ah shadopan trinket is stamina and mastery ! dang i forgot about that thanks!
    @tengenstein tyvm!, i'll try to use reforge to reach cap and buy shado-pan trink

mmm anyone know a good character planner website?chardev isnt updated for 5.1, can't found my ring there

hi, i've tried reforging etc. in askmrrobot
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/6de369a2-ede7-43d0-b4c2-41b6922f0661

0 point over cap on hit rating tho, is this good enough?
    Last edited by oceanlord; 12-12-2012 at 06:16 PM. Reason: found the trink

Ya, 10 points over the cap is probably close enough, very little value lost, you won't notice a difference.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

+ Reply to Thread