+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide

So basically what DKs could only do before Tuesday? Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

I don't think this has been mentioned. But "Intercept" portion of Safeguard is still present and is on a separate spellid. Which should make it possible to cancelaura it.

This works:

/script local p="player" for i=1,40 do local _,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,s=UnitBuff(p,i) if s==114029 then CancelUnitBuff(p,i) break end end
    Last edited by kopcap; 09-04-2012 at 07:34 AM.

You mean if you wanted to give the DR buff without having to take a swing to do it? Sounds intriguing.

Yes. This was painful in Cata because it had a threat drop component. Now that threat part is out of the way this macro should be a 33% uptime of 20% DR on your co-tank.

Quote Originally Posted by kopcap View Post
    I don't think this has been mentioned. But "Intercept" portion of Safeguard is still present and is on a separate spellid. Which should make it possible to cancelaura it.

This works:
    Very nice!

I still agree on the unending rage glyph. An extra 20 rage pooled up before a tank swap makes it that much more likely that you can keep up 1 more shieldblock for the 100% coverage after a tankswap. While it's highly situational, in any fight where you are given the opportunity to pool rage (be it from tank swaps are damage lulls such as madness) I think it's the only glyph that actually gives us any survival benefit at all. That fact in itself is somewhat sad... every other glyph option is either extremely situational or a dps increase.

Tank Time
    I mentioned previously (though it very well could have been in another thread) that we have been looking a lot at tank balance. We think tanks surviving short windows of spike damage has been fairly balanced in beta for some time, and indeed we are seeing all tank classes used effectively in beta Challenge Modes and Heroic raid testing.

The rage tanks required too much healing, so we are causing them to take less damage and have more rage for active mitigation.

Warrior
    -- Rage generation from Revenge increased from 10 to 15.
    -- Rage generation from Shield Slam increased from 15 to 20. (Sword and Board continues to give 5 extra, so 25 now).
    -- Reduced internal cooldown on Critical Block from Enrage from 5 sec to 3 sec.
    -- Increased damage reduction from Defensive Stance from 15% to 25%.
    -- Increased armor from Unwavering Sentinel from 10% to 25%.

dafuq....
    and what do they mean with "Reduced internal cooldown on Critical Block from Enrage from 5 sec to 3 sec." ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

So... i'd guess around 3 days, until this gets nerfed.
    (oh, btw, i've never noticed a ICD on the enrage from cblocks.)

Blizzard - brainless balancing since Ghostcrawler.
    Last edited by Quietsch; 09-04-2012 at 04:48 PM.

i think it means the Enrage (and 10 rage) we proc on Critically blocking. Perosnally this is insane. We're going to be so god damn tough. somthings gonna have to be nerfed

I think it means that cblocks could only trigger enrage every 5 seconds and can now trigger it every 3 seconds. Seems like he just said it backwards.

On another note... HOLY BUFFS BATMAN. That's an insane amount of increased survivability. Scaling wise I figured we were in the weakest position and our self heal isn't really a heal at all, but that's just crazy.

Hopefully it's warranted and sticks around cause I would hate a gut reaction nerf due to QQ if we actually needed the buff.

It was maybe written poorly (/e and I've even switched languages in the post - maybe I should go to bed) - i meant those enrage procs. (And I'm fairly sure, it could be triggered (nearly) every cblock)

Thing is i haven't had the feeling of being "the worst tank" like when i was tanking in wrath. My heals aren't complaining about me being squishy.

It basicly guarantees SB cap, even at 0 hit/exp, so the only use extra rage gives is SBar and/or HS/Cleave.

In other words we are going back to an infinite rage model to cater for all the people who are mashing HS on CD and gemming spirit for group morale?

facepalm

best part is, that the retards mashing HS and fumbling up their rotation won't be able to keep SB on max uptime, so really it's just a kick in the teeth for those that actually know how to play.

That said, I think/hope they will revert the bonus rage from SS & Rev, which is the biggest impact on playstyle here

Yeah the amount of rage we get now is just crazy. If we were that bad off they should have fixed the model as a whole. Something is obviously off.

Seems like the mastery scaling of all the other classes is much much more powerful than warriors though. Paladins running around with high 50% reduction from mastery, dk's having crazy absorbs/self healing, and monk stagger being incredibly powerful with purify or whatever it is called. The block/crit block mechanic just seems lackluster compared to them... and or healing equivalent only being temporary.

Personally, I love these changes. They will allow us to have the complete 600/9% uptime on SB, and permit the use of SBar in a more ''rotational'' manner, even outside of unavoidable attacks. It should in fact, improve the gameplay at least in some way, and make it less SB spamming 24/7, since it will probably become SB spamming + ''occasional SBars'' to dump excess Rage.

Sure, some people are gonna spam HS instead, but no big deal, right? They'll learn the hard way, eventually...

The Armour and Def Stance buff are just awesome as well, to prevent any serious spikiness we might have had with the CTC lost (not that it was absolutely necessary, but it's a nice guarantee).

It's gonna be fun being able to use execute without feeling it leaves me open to going splat

That's very true, I've been feeling guilty sneaking executes in just to see how hard it would hit.

+ Reply to Thread