+ Reply to Thread

Thread: S.T.R.I.I.K.E.R.7 keyboard

S.T.R.I.I.K.E.R.7 keyboard

what do you guys think of this?
    me personally... idk what they are thinking.. it sounds cool. but looking at it, idk how i could use half of that keyboard.

Link? I can't find it.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

I want one... time to save up 300 buck-a-roo's! (Christmas present to myself maybe?)
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

As a lefty, I definitely love the modular design...

Now to see if I can get an Azerty version around here without paying double
    Last edited by Airowird; 08-17-2012 at 07:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

im not sure if that keyboard would be any better or worse than razer's new keyboard.
    mad catz new keyboard looks fancy and all that, but that thumb wheel doesnt seem to be in a good spot.. that touch pad doesnt seem to be all that usefull, and i would take the right side off all the way.

I guess it is ok if you want to pretend you are working at the console of the USSEnterprise or the Millenium Falcon, but I don't really see the point of a 300 dollar keyboard if it isn't mechanical. Actually, I don't see the point of spending more than 50 bucks on a keyboard if it isn't mechanical.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    I guess it is ok if you want to pretend you are working at the console of the USSEnterprise
    That's EXACTLY what I intend on doing.

i agree fetzie. they would have been better off making a gaming keyboard like the G-13 or.. whatever razer made.
    i love the idea of the thumb wheel and buttons.. but they are in an AWFUL spot.. my thumb never would be in a spot where i could use those buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    I guess it is ok if you want to pretend you are working at the console of the USSEnterprise or the Millenium Falcon, but I don't really see the point of a 300 dollar keyboard if it isn't mechanical. Actually, I don't see the point of spending more than 50 bucks on a keyboard if it isn't mechanical.
    I pretty much agree with this. I don't see the point in an expensive keyboard if it doesn't use mechanical switches.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

well for me, being able to move the numpad to the left is already a big plus, with the scroll/wristpad below the main board, it would actually give me all I need in a keyboard, only worry for me is a) key resistance and b) price for getting an Azerty version around here.

It is definitely a cool keyboard. But I agree with Fetzie about the mechanical part. $300 for a non-mechanical keyboard, no matter what other features it has, is a tad ridiculous. They make that thing mechanical, and it go onto the list of things I want. :P Until then it just looks neat.

16milion backlight color variants, huh? its certianly a nice keyboard, but all those bells and whistle just put me off. Interchangeable wasd and arrow keys seems excessive, i mean who looks at wasd? its got a lot of cool gadgets but its not what i want in a keyboard except for when i need my keyboard to stroke my epeen.

how do you guys feel about the deathstalker from razer?
    http://www.razerzone.com/deathstalker

Needs less shiny.

The Deathstalker seems very interesting. The LCD is a cool addition, IMO. But again, not mechanical when it really should be in that price range. :/ Check out the Razer Blackwidow if you want a good quality keyboard. The Blackwidow Stealth Edition, if you dislike the click-clack of keyboard buttons. The BW doesn't have nearly as many cool toys, but it makes up for it in pure quality and mechanical keys.

Quote Originally Posted by squats View Post
    how do you guys feel about the deathstalker from razer?
    http://www.razerzone.com/deathstalker
    The LCD panel is cool, but the location is imho wrong. It would've (imho) suited better on top of the keyboard, for me that screen is just too much to the side and away from my screen to be useful, and I'ld have to sacrifice having a numpad for it.

I don't personally need all of the fancy display and macro keys. I've been using this for a couple of years now and it rocks.

http://www.amazon.com/Filco-Majestouch-2-Keyboard-FKBN104M-EFB2/dp/B004Z0XR2O

+ Reply to Thread