Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Panic Button Analysis (Prot Warrior)

You are also forgetting that you can't always activate your ER with LS, since you need to be either enrage or have 60 Rage to spend. And you sure also can't decide to keep Bers. Rage only for ER uses.

So what's the point to macro them together, if it's not even reliable half of the time ?

does berzerker rage no longer work? or whatever that button I had macro'd in to ensure I was always enraged for enraged regen.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by kebess View Post
    ?? ER instantly heals for 10% HP, then an extra 10% over 5 sec. How is that 6% ?
    Meh, was thinking current ER (3% per second), but the point remains that currently in a raiding environment, 20% of your HP is nothing as a CD and even as an emergency button, the MoP version only really works in 5mans, and if you need LS, SW AND ER as separate CDs in an heroic, either someone is undergeared or doing something wrong.

Also, if you use LS, thus heal for (let's say) 30% of your 130% health pool, and add another 20% of that to it, you're at 50% of your current HP, or at 65/130% of your normal HP. Now either 2 options in your scenario are possible:

Scenario 1:
    In those 20 seconds I was never actually healed to full. At that point, my ER macro already worked or I would've actually been at -30% HP of my current max (that's 39% of my normal HP below 0), nothing I can do as emergency button in the 5 seconds preceding that (bar not standing in fire or SW for the Big Bad Breath he just did)

Scenario 2:
    Within a timeframe of 20s, I heal myself for 50% of my current max HP and my healers heal so much, they do 70% of that (or 91% of my normal HP) so my ER is completely wasted at this point. Let's assume this took the healers roughly 10 seconds. Now within the next 5-10 seconds after that, the boss is doing so much damage that the healers fail to manage to keep my 130% filled HP bar full. Assuming; the HPS is coming in steady, the boss swings each 2 seconds and isn't doing a Big Bad Breath? Tthat means that to bring me down to just 10% under 0, the boss' regular DPS needs to do either 175.5% of my normal HP in 5s, or 221% of my HP in 10s. * In the 5s scenario, that means he needs to do 70.2% of my regular HP each swing. While ER can potentially heal 12% of your HP in 2s (10% instant + 2% per tick), that's not even 3/4rd of what a block would do. Not to mention that outside of LS a full ER is worth a full 0.57s. Woop-ti-doo.
    * In the 10s scenario, he does 44.2% of my normal HP each swing. While that 12% peak of healing would come close to a regular block, it steal means that in a regular situation, 4 swings back to back (a regular occurence especially for a starting tank) will kill me, heals included. ER can add a swing to that, but only once and ONLY if you can predict when you are going to get that streak. As we're talking Panic Button, that is out of the question.

Conclusion:
    If you're so dangerously low on health that you need to pop LS, ER usually helps. If it doesn't, it won't really matter later on.
    Also, if you save ER for later, you lose out a 30% buff, but if you want to use ER during LS, you're guaranteed of it's most use right as you pop LS as panic button
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Seems like a huge mix of people referencing ER pre mist and post mist. Pre mist I never macroed them together because it was easy enough to click them both if I actually wanted them both at the same time.

From a purely post 5.0 standpoint their is no reason to macro them together. I guess if the macro worked even if ER was on cooldown it wouldn't be a huge deal (which I think it should if ER is off the GCD)... but with a 1 minute cooldown you would want to be very actively using ER if you choose to take the talent. Plus LS lasts 20s so you have a 15s window for maximizing the heal that seems to be the situation so many people are focused on. Worst case scenario I would consider putting in a modifier macro to use ER when I click last stand with shift held or something along those lines.

Depending on the fight I think second wind will end up being a fair substitute either way (especially fights that could proc the free rage).

Quote Originally Posted by Takethecake View Post
    Seems like a huge mix of people referencing ER pre mist and post mist. Pre mist I never macroed them together because it was easy enough to click them both if I actually wanted them both at the same time.

From a purely post 5.0 standpoint their is no reason to macro them together. I guess if the macro worked even if ER was on cooldown it wouldn't be a huge deal (which I think it should if ER is off the GCD)... but with a 1 minute cooldown you would want to be very actively using ER if you choose to take the talent. Plus LS lasts 20s so you have a 15s window for maximizing the heal that seems to be the situation so many people are focused on. Worst case scenario I would consider putting in a modifier macro to use ER when I click last stand with shift held or something along those lines.
    Agreeing with this.

Again there's just no point in macroing them together. If you want them on the same key, no problem, add in a modifier. Problem solved.

Macroing them together only gives you less options in the way you can use them. Would anyone be silly enough to macro Shield Wall and Demoralizing Shout together ? Well macroing LS and ER is just as pointless and unproductive.
    If you guys still wanna do it for some reason, you're free to do so, but you won't find any solid argument to back it up.

I've already got zerker rage macro'd to shield slam, and there it will stay. I probably won't take ER unless it's drastically changed. Second Wind seems good enough for me. Won't eat an enrage, no rage cost whatsoever, no need to choose when to use it, and it grants rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

The more I look at enraged regen the more I think I'll likely pick it. It no longer eats enrage so you don't have to worry about that, and it has no rage cost if you are enraged so effectively it has no rage cost at all if you just macro it with zerker rage or track your enrage buff. It's still kinda a tossup between it and second wind though and I think the whole tier could easily be one of those tiers that is dependent on the fight similar to our lackluster lvl 75 tier.

thing is the imnportant part of zerker rage for me is the 10 rage, that things turned into an off the GCD battle shout for me.