+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No real raid leader problem

No real raid leader problem

Hi guys, my guild downed 5/8hc @ 15% nerf we just came back after a brake and downed blackhorn last nite (yay)

We are still missing one member and had a guild member from one of the top guilds(on our realm) join us his raid leading was far far far better than what we have had esp during fights calling for cd's etc etc im just wondering if there is any addons or anything else we can use to get us started because it really helped and we need it....but i hold my hand up im crap at it.

Bit stuck with this at the moment.

DBM spell timers wis generally rather nice for monitoring raid CDs, though it does occasionally underestimate cds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    DBM spell timers wis generally rather nice for monitoring raid CDs, though it does occasionally underestimate cds.
    Spell timers only show's how long a cd have remaining, I need to educate you Teng;-)

Download Hermes (or Ora3 I believe can also do it, but requires everyone to have it)

There is some configuration required for Hermes, but when set up right you'll have a list of your raids cd's as well as time remaining before it's available again once used.., the only downside is it won't automatically transfer one characters settings over if your playing on an alt character.

thanks guys i will look into those and let you know how we went on

Ora3 can be avery spammy addon, its not really something of concern if your raid group has decent internet connections, if you have some people playing at extreme distance (ozzies on US servers, africans on EU servers)or if somome is determined to play on a wireless connection it can force them to DC.

Can't you just ask if their cooldown is going to be ready for [insert event here]?

Doesn't ForteXorcist track CDs? Or is that only specific ones?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

DBM (or something like it) is bread and butter for raiding. It's not 100% mandatory for everyone (some people like to run without it cause it makes them feel hardcore) but it's generally a good thing for everyone to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregasaurous View Post
    DBM (or something like it) is bread and butter for raiding. It's not 100% mandatory for everyone (some people like to run without it cause it makes them feel hardcore) but it's generally a good thing for everyone to have.
    We used to let people raid without a boss mod until they made the same mistake twice that would not have been made had they used a boss-mod.

Ultraxion...tells me exactly how much the "average" raider relies on DBM.

Hour of Twilight the dbm verbal counter started 5 seconds before so they needed to wait until the counter was done and then they had 5 seconds.

Fading light started when you had 5 seconds left. You had to let it start counting and use Heroic Will before it ran out.

So one counter you had to wait until it was done, the other you had to act before it was done.

No matter how many times I explained that will get you killed, people still died trying to rely on the verbal counter instead of setting up a debuff bar for Fading Light and a cast bar for Hour of Twilight.

Was especially frustrating since it was usually guildies and we had a lot of turnover in DS.

I don't know, but I've played that boss (ultraxion heroic) completely without any mods and it was a lot more fun than waiting for bigwigs to tell me what to do.

I only realised you dould have the lady counting down with DBM after killing madness HC, i was running with a power aura since the second night of DS for Fading ligh. noticing a boss cast bar isn't hard for me so HoT was not difficult.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

I'm with you Teng. As soon as I realized the counters did not work the same (first pull) I set up an Elk Buff bar for fading light that was Whitelisted for Fading Light and Impale. The cast bar and animation were plenty for Hour of Twilight. Doesn't mean that I didn't have guildies dropping like flies to it for the whole tier. Granted, half the tier was on heroic and with turnover, it always seems we had one or two who hadn't done it as many times as the main core. But still, when me or someone was always calling out "Group 2" etc, there's not enough thinking left for the average raider to derp as much as it seems they do.

@OP,

What areas are you really looking to improve? The tank announcing when he does cds? Tank asking for externals? Timing Heroism/raid cds? Calling out boss mechanics?

It really helps to know what you felt made an improvement? I've called out stuff at times when I pugged into another guild's raid and they were almost dead silent and had them complain. "Improvement" can be a subjective thing.
    Last edited by sifuedition; 09-07-2012 at 08:54 AM.

I use ORA for tracking raid cooldowns that are on cooldown in the raid. Nobody else in the raid has to have it installed in order for it to work and I have a very low end computer that doesn't get bogged down by it at all (as an example I have to turn sound off in 25 man raids in order to function without horrendous lag). You go into the settings and each class has its own section where you can set what spells to track for that class. Last I checked it hadn't been updated for MoP though, not sure if that is still the case.

Generally I only track battle rezzes (dk, druid, warlock), and non healing raid cooldowns.
    - Rally cry, spirit link, barrier, aura mastery, pain sup

For healing cooldowns I let the healers decide on their own when to use them or we set certain times for them such as rolling on spine.

Yeah it is Very spammy that addon.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

+ Reply to Thread