+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Priest looking for Stat/Gear checkup!

Priest looking for Stat/Gear checkup!

Hello folks, had my fair share of runs in dragon soul now. Hit the 397 ilvl mark which is fine and dandy. I am now looking at moving into heroic content but i'm not sure where im heading in way of stats. At the moment i've been favouring mastery and crit over haste slightly as i find alot of my healing is from using PoH and the subsequent bubble provided, rather than recasting PoH and using more mana it appears more efficient to me to capitalise on what is doing the majority of healing. I've been aiming for a straight 3k spirit for as long as i can remember, no particular reason just seems to work. That being said, as of late i'm finding myself a bit stretched on 10man madness. 2 healing it just seems to zap my mana really fast.

So onto the question. Are my stat's about right and do i need to get me some more spirit? (Easily done by reforge) Personally i think i will need more spirit for DS10 HC, let me know what sort of figure you think would be ideal

PS: Stacked a bit on the heavy side of crit to complement my trinket too.

Regards
    Shadow

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...riend/advanced

i find when 2 healing madness its less about how much spirit you have and more about mana cd management which is why people find themselves stretched for mana. trying popping your shadow fiend and divine hymn together early on, i try to do it right after the mutated corruption dies on second platform, that should give you full mana again. Then pop it again right at the start of the last platform. Also if your other healer has any kind of group mana return such as mana tide totem make sure they do it when you both benefit from it. and if you have any druids in the raid call out for an innervate (sometimes they wont be able to if theyre resto though, keep that in mind). other than that basically just make sure you are using your heals smartly, if you need to pop a potion of concentration right after changing platforms and make sure your other raid members aren't standing in stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by lodimas View Post
    At the moment i've been favouring mastery and crit over haste slightly as i find alot of my healing is from using PoH and the subsequent bubble provided, rather than recasting PoH and using more mana it appears more efficient to me to capitalise on what is doing the majority of healing. I've been aiming for a straight 3k spirit for as long as i can remember, no particular reason just seems to work. That being said, as of late i'm finding myself a bit stretched on 10man madness. 2 healing it just seems to zap my mana really fast.
    first off, i'm of the opinion that there's no such thing as too much spirit. unless you're having throughput issues, more spirit is always good.

regarding your secondary stats, i feel that crit loses a bit of it's value for a disc raid healer since PoH gets a DA bubble regardless of crit. haste will let you cast more PoH, which is already a fairly mana efficient spell.

and i agree with the previous poster that madness is all about management. use your mana cooldowns early and often. time a concentration potion either directly after the first burnings on the 4th platform or just after you jump to the final phase. don't forget to use PI often during burst phases, as this gives you a nice mana reduction. also be sure you're using PW:S enough to get full benefit from rapture, even during PoH spamming. you can use an addon to track the ICD.

i would definitely replace your VP trinket with pretty much anything, even LFR trinkets. bigger mana pool = more return from rapture and your trinket gives you zero mana with a weak use effect.

you've made some interesting gem choices, but i also notice you have zero epic gems. at this point, the hybrids are cheap enough to be no-brainers. i rarely skip socket bonuses this tier. for instance:

wrist: you traded -20 int for +20 crit. int is certainly more valuable 1:1
    pants: you traded -40 mastery for +10 int. i would take 40 mastery > 10 int. if you used epic hybrids, you traded -50 mastery for +zero int...

+ Reply to Thread