+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Weekly Marmot - Tier 14 Raid Delays

The Weekly Marmot - Tier 14 Raid Delays

Last edited by Lore; 08-01-2012 at 07:51 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

probably my favorite freeze frame so far
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Mhhh where are u looking at... another box of beta keys running in?

Lol, awesome intro this week.

btw the 2nd two drop gear half a tier above the others, look on mmo-champion or google heroic elite gear. Its ilvl 514 rather than 502 and there seems to be a LOT of it.

Busey get out of space. You dont belong there, you cant even breathe
    DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS THAT ARE COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH?!?!

Good weekly marmot as always, I came across this related blue post on mmo and seems to also cover the lfr version releases as well, which like ds will be a week after the normal raid opens. http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-be-staggered/ Along with doing this for people to be able to take time to level, i'm sure that this type of staggering could also be to prevent people from spoiling all the raid content through lfr, if it was all released at once.

Yeah, in the initial post they stated that they intend for players to NEED gear out of the first raid if they want to progress too the other raids. This actualy kind of makes sense when you take into account that they've changed the way 5 man heroics work. So actually the first raid instance is kind of half a tier "behind" the other two. Since they never really intended for LFR too be a place for hardcore raiders too gear up anyway, i think it's fair too say we can leave that out of this picture.

I disagree with the no competitive monks point if raids were available day 1 because 1-85 is doable in 2 days without much trouble if you have BoA's, meaning 3-4 days for 1-90, another 2 days to gear before you can get in and burn through normal modes the day before reset and lets face it, if youre in a guild that isnt going to get the normal mode for at least vaults before the first reset then you had no chance of being competitive anyways. That also doesnt take into account the guilds that run with a roster slightly larger than their raid bracket (which is most) just clearing it without their monk players on normal the first week and then the next week the monk is in heroic modes just as if he had done normal the week before and had bad luck on drops.

That said, I agree with everything else you said and me personally, I plan on being 90 within 24 hours and the delay will be nice to help me get those 2 or 3 last drops from heroics since there is always at least 1 or 2 drops that the rng gods hate me with.

However they feel like doing it works for me. Never really have been apart of a server first race because I either was apart of a guild that wouldn't bother or I wasn't bothering. To me it just seems like a flash in the pan that fires up and then fades out just as quick.

The release of tiers within tiers is a great idea imo. Like Lore said it breaks up the content over the course of a tier and it also removes the one thing I despised about several raid zone tiers. The bickering it can cause on which one and why first. I also think it will really help keep LFR a lot fresher and keep people interested in it throughout a tier a littler easier (I doubt the state of it will improve, but at least you get a new view).

The Staggered 'tier within a tier' can also help hardcore raiders with the 'sacrifices' they make when progressing a new tier.

I recall one player from Method 'complaining' about T11 taking too long to clear, as the race lasted for 7 weeks or something, and the # of bosses available right from the start was overwhelming. (Granted, balancing the sacrifice vs the reward is a part of what makes the reward so great)

As long as there is a new boss available to kill, they will keep working on it until they 'physically' cant. Then they repeat that next week and the week after until they clear all the bosses.

Now they can take breathers in between raids, without it being too much of a marathon, possibly ruining lives :O

Quote Originally Posted by captanmurdoc View Post
    That said, I agree with everything else you said and me personally, I plan on being 90 within 24 hours and the delay will be nice to help me get those 2 or 3 last drops from heroics since there is always at least 1 or 2 drops that the rng gods hate me with.
    You know, i've actually had that in the back of my mind but i never thought to write it out. But honestly this alone nulls all counter arguments!!! THE RNG GODS SHALL NOT HAVE THE LAST WORD THIS TIME!!!!!!!

Good weekly once again, I am still undecided on MoP as I know LFR really killed the raiding experience for my guild and I, but I am sure it's going to be better then Cata.

Oh yes Lore when you guys discuss on the next legendary regarding why wow lost 1.1 million subs, being the end of the expansion is no excuse. I think it's safe to say burning crusade was officially the best content for raiders and even for casuals as they were motivated by knowing that there was something in game they could still work towards.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/wo...1-million-mark

Lore seems to be hitting a lot of predictions. He is clearly getting live feeds from Blizzards Dev's chat. So you heard it here first. Gary Busey, next hero class !

Quote Originally Posted by Gregasaurous View Post
    You know, i've actually had that in the back of my mind but i never thought to write it out. But honestly this alone nulls all counter arguments!!! THE RNG GODS SHALL NOT HAVE THE LAST WORD THIS TIME!!!!!!!
    We've stopped raiding until MOP. We had a grand total of 1 normal mode DW spine caster trinket drop, none on heroic. We've been clearing the place since week 1. If RNG is going to be an ass, it's going to be an ass.

As for the delay, I think one week is fine. Two might have had me griping a bit, since that's a long time to wait - however long Cata has lasted is long enough without adding another fortnight.

One week should give me more than enough time to hit max level, magnoflex / lament my success or failure at another realm first, get over it - then gear up and still have time to crack out a few achievements and get a feel for things.

I'm also hoping the slight gear edge might make beating the nerf wave that little bit easier, being stuck at the point of the progression curve where nerfs hit right before you get the kill is agony.

A Solution: Burn to 90, spend the rest of the days leveling professions to assist in gearing and supporting guildmates.

+ Reply to Thread