+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: MoP RPS Calculator

its just...so many $signs to add in...

Hehe, yeah that sucks in Excel

Be glad you aren't referencing a cell in another sheet...

Code:
    =WENN('Front Page'!$A$25="Blood Elf";$F$9; WENN('Front Page'!$A$25="Tauren";$F$10; WENN('Front Page'!$A$25="Dwarf";$F$11; WENN('Front Page'!$A$25="Draenei";$F$12; WENN('Front Page'!$A$25="Human";$F$13)))))

I was rather proud i get that nested function to work first time. RIght what to we actually want to do here, do we want to imput the amount of stat increase and then have it spew out the changes in TDR/RPS/SBuptime/Spikyness? and we want to be able to put in two sets of stats side by side so we can compare?

i think you may be missing the Bastion Of Defense passive dodge in the calculation ( adds 2% dodge and 10% block chance).
    Love the spread sheet though! Will help with making a basic addon.

Nope It's not, the reason those stats are lower than you'd think is becuase stat supression in MoP took almost an eight-fold increase, for every level higher a mob is it ignores 1.5% of your dodge/parry/block/miss/ rather than the 0.2% we all know and love in cata. If i can persuade you to take off you clothes you can see a naked prot warriors has 5.01% dodge and 13% block, which is what you expect if you add up the baseline amounts of ctc all classes get, and on our spec based bonuses.

New full fat calculator is up.

Looks good. Just a tip most people don't know for excell, f4 is a huge time saver instead of typing in all the $'s. Just make sure the cursor is in the formula bar and inside the cell reference you want to safe and press f4.

It looks like increasing armor increases the amount of damage you take.

I think it's in the Hit (row 63 and 116), Critical block (row 64 and 117), and Block (row 65 and 118) rows, they should just calculate from the "WB+DS+armour" row instead of 1- that value.

The good news is that that greatly improves the DR we are receiving!

Uploaded a hopefully fixed version. Also Austere and Eternal metagems.

Teng, you need to inverse this spikiness coefficient of your yours to be based on damage reduction, rather than damage taken. If we add avoidance/mastery/eternal now, spikiness goes up. In fact, if we set the size of block to 0, we get a much lower coefficient. STDV of damage taken of a tank with 0 avoid/0 block would also be 0. Which is totally useless for our purposes. Where as if you inverse the numbers, this coefficient will go down with mastery/avoidance/block size increase.

Your calculation of Actual Block is linked to SB Uptime linked to RPS linked to Crit Block linked to Actual Block. I am lost how this works.

I'm not sure what you mean about inverting Kop, its true that a tank with 0CTC would have a very uniform (and large) damage intake thats to be expected, its why paladins don't hard cast exorcism whilst tanking. Increasing avoidance should make tanks more spiky as its approach 50% avoidance and then decrease again to 0STDV as avoidance got closer to 100%.

As to the cyclical reference thing, AIrowird taught me how to turn Iterations on, It pretty much just keeps recalculating the the numbvers in cycle untill its made 1000 cycles or theirs a less than a 10^-5 difference between the answer of one cycle and another cycle

Here are two different histograms:

As you can see this is the same distribution flipped around.

What we want to achieve is to take "hits", left most column on the first graph and right most column on the second graph, and spread it across the other three. Its not hard to see that if we took entire "hit" column and put it say on top of crit block, our Health(time) would be smoother. But if we did this, we would get the following:

Thus variance coefficient remaining unchanged for the Damage Taken graph and reducing for the Damage Reduced. While they essentially represent the same thing, I think the first one is closer related to a perceived notion of "spikiness".
    Last edited by kopcap; 08-05-2012 at 07:10 AM.

I really don't understand Kop, my "perceived notion of spikiness" is exactly as i've represented it on the sheet, the deviation form average incoming damage.

I was comparing different elixirs using the spreadsheet and something struck me as odd. I switched an armor elixir to a dodge elixir and my spikiness went up which makes sense, but RPS and therefore SB uptime went down. Shouldn't the extra dodge give more revenges and therefore more RPS?

The extra Dodge does indeed give more Revenge procs, but it also, reduces the amount of attacks you'll be able to block, and critically block, and hence your RPS through critical blocks.

Remember that the more avoidance you have, the less attacks you'll be blocking.

In your case, the RPS loss from having less critical blocks was > than the RPS gain through Revenge from that extra Dodge.

I don't like the way spikiness is defined. Technically a damage range of 100-10000 would be considered very spiky on your spreadsheet, but no healer would call that kind of damage spiky. When I think of a damage spike, I think of a large chunk of my health suddenly disappearing. Wouldn't a better definition of spikiness be "how often you take damage greater than X% of your hp"? Just a thought, I'm not really a mathematician so I might be way off here.

For that i'd need to add in stamina health scaling and then i'd need to make an arbitary choice as to what percentage is considered spiky, I get what you mean, its not a great definition.

Erk double post fun

Updated to add Guardian druids back in. Theirs is still very basic but at least it exists again.

+ Reply to Thread