+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: MoP RPS Calculator

As you said it's a measure of variance, thus the the number at the end is a measure of how much you incoming DPS will vary.

If incoming hit is A=1 and average hit is m, we have 1 < m < 0

If STDV is 0.5A, we get

.68 of all hits lie in m - 0.5A < x < m + 0.5A
    .95 of all hits lie in m - A < x < m + A
    .997 of all hits lie in m - 1.5A < x < m + 1.5A

I'm not sure iget what your point is?`

Quote Originally Posted by kopcap View Post
    1 < m < 0
    that implies ==> 0 < m < 0 , which is impossible. It doesn't make any sense.

Maybe that is Kop's point

Scratch all of this, its nonsense. I'll do a better model later on.
    Last edited by kopcap; 08-03-2012 at 10:19 PM.

Not to drag the HL / Charge subject back up... but in order to gain the 1-rps from charging every 30 seconds you would have to use 2 major glyphs (Bull Rush and Death from Above). Granted for tanking their are zero glyphs that improve (or even change) tanking... they all simply increase dps, but it wouldn't be ideal to use 2/3 of your major glyphs just to try to pull off this very dangerous gimmick.

First off Kop; make sure i haven't just screwed up the maths. Secondly. i've taken into account the damage reductions of weakened blows, def stance, and armour, how does affect the numbers? and thirdly i'm presenting my STDV as a % of the mean.

No, it concurs your result. STDV is same units as the mean. My sim is half a percent off your number.
    Last edited by kopcap; 08-03-2012 at 06:50 AM.

which is why i called it Spikyness and not the STDV, because it not actually the STDV and has no units.

Could you add a value on a spreadsheet that shows what a change in stats would do? Either a static charge or even better one that you could enter... and the spreadsheet will show you what this change would do +/- to the current red and blue values.

So if I wanted to see what changing my stats by 10 would do it would show me what the outcome would be for each stat side by side so they can be compared.

That is a lot of work.

Put the calculations in hidden cells that add in the +x stat number, take the results, copy them to displayed cells, then take the new number, subtract the original number from the new number.

You can see how I managed that problem in my spreadsheet, although I didn't have a +x% change field. But that wouldn't be hard to implement at all.

Aye I did it on a copy of your previous version but I didn't want to have to redo it each time you changed. I can send you a copy of the one I did if you want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Takethecake View Post
    Could you add a value on a spreadsheet that shows what a change in stats would do? Either a static charge or even better one that you could enter... and the spreadsheet will show you what this change would do +/- to the current red and blue values.

So if I wanted to see what changing my stats by 10 would do it would show me what the outcome would be for each stat side by side so they can be compared.
    List things that you want to compare, I'll try to plot it when I have a chance.

Mainly all relevant stats

Dodge
    Parry
    Strength
    Hit
    Expertise
    Mastery

A plot would be interesting, but mainly want to have it available on the spreadsheet so it can calculate based on entered stats... similarly to how Fetzie's spreadsheet for ctc worked.

It would be nice to get a very solid and reliable spreadsheet up and running early on before everyone starts designing their own and we end up with 15 spreadsheets that all show the same stuff in different ways.

Iterating through everything is waste of time imo. We should focus on some testing pairs, ie RPS vs {hit,expertise,mastery,avoidance} or Damage Reduction vs {mastery,avoidance}.

It's fairly simple to compare all the info. If you want to set it up to compare RPS on some and DR on others you may as well set them all to compare all the outcome values... it's exactly the same amount of work, you are just copying 20 cells instead of 15 for each stat you want to compare.

It isn't extremely useful right now because it tells us what we already know for basic stat priorities. But in the future when we are actually comparing gear it could be very useful to have available.

*grumble* and all i wanted to know was roughly how much SB uptime i could have n my present gear.

lol sorry, if you don't want to that's perfectly fine, I'll add it on to each version after you post them for personal use.

+ Reply to Thread