Thread: Does MASTERY really have a DR ?

Does MASTERY really have a DR ?

It has been said many times that Mastery will have a diminishing return just like Parry and Dodge in MoP, to mainly prevent Tanks from stacking it too high.

After looking at it more closely however, I don't see any sort of DR on it, even after stacking 6K mastery rating.
    I still need exactly 272.63 rating points to increase it by 1% (at lvl 90), whether I already have 6K or 0 mastery rating on my gear.

Does this mean Mastery doesn't have any DR, or there's something else going on here ?
    Last edited by kebess; 07-26-2012 at 04:36 PM.

Hum, I guess so because right now there simple isn't any.

It was posted somewhere, but yeah they decided not to put DR on mastery for paladins/warriors since the actual cap for those stats is unreachable.

Makes sense, warriors only get ~0.23% CTC for every 1% mastery, so going off the rating:% that the OP postyed we'd need ovrer 72k mastery rating to achieve 66% block.

I was playing around on a spread sheet with the new mechanics and it's somewhat interesting. I'm not sure if ctc is the best way to look at the new model, and I'm not sure if I may have messed it up somewhere, but from a ctc standpoint the new mechanics work out fairly clear.

If you increase either block % or avoidance by 1% increase to ctc is roughly the same formula

1% increase to block gives [(1-avoidance%)/100] increase to overall ctc
    1% increase to avoidance gives [(1-block%)/100] increase to overall ctc

From a ctc standpoint that means that you want to either focus purely on overall avoidance or overall block chance. Haven't really played with actual effects on incoming damage yet though. Once I can find out what the stat conversion rates are I'll likely work on another spreadsheet to give me an idea what to expect this expansion.

CTC is dead. As of the latests build we're running at near 100% Shield block uptime

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    As of the latests build we're running at near 100% Shield block uptime
    It's not intended though. Merely a bug that is gonna be fixed soon.