"Flexible" 10/25 man raid lockout system
Firelands or Dragon Soul Nerfs (Too Soon Executus)
LFR (Tank 4 set bonus, Loot system or otherwise)
Darkness Within is a World of Warcraft guild on the US - Kirin Tor Server. We are a late night, end game raiding guild; focused on building a quality team to experience the full range of content available in World of Warcraft. We provide and maintain a unique late night raiding environment and our group thrives on cooperation and competition working towards common goals.
Guild Progression Information:
Dragon Soul 10m - 8/8 Heroic
Firelands 10m - 7/7 Heroic
(All 7PM Raid groups are also at least 6/8 HC respectively, All alt raids and offnight raids average 3-5 heroic encounters before clearing, and still place emphasis on achievement clears, and advanced knowledge of boss mechanics to take in to progress raids on mains)
Raid Times: Progression raiders are expected to be able to make at least one set of raid times with little to no recurring conflicts. Players with long term veteran status in the guild maintain a 90%+ attendance average, and are usually invited to the highest progression level raids before additional consideration is given.
10/25 Progression Level Raids
Purple Team: Sun-Thurs - 11:59pm to 3:00am (CST)
Blue Team: Mon-Thurs - 11:59pm to 3:00am (CST)
Invites go out at 11:30pm, 1st Pull by Midnight
(Number of Raid nights may drop down during farm periods, as the guild farms achievements, mounts, or moves to other activities outside of current raid content, as it is being cleared in shorter periods of time)
10 man Weekend Raiders
Red Team: Sat-Mon - 7:00pm to 10:00pm (CST)
10 man Weeknight Raiders
Green Team: Tues&Wed - 7:00pm to 10:00pm (CST)
( Raid leadership of Green Team would like to go to Tuesday-Thursday in the next expansion as we add additional skilled players to the roster who are able to fill that timeslot)
- We have completed and are continuing to clear many Achievements.
- Members run other instances on off-nights and before/after raids, including heroics, 10 man alt run instances, PvP/arena groups, etc. This includes a Friday night RBGs team with a high server rating, and Sunday night alt raids, where mains who are not saved to a progress raid are given priority on raid slots.
Current Recruitment and Progress Levels are always available at:
Exceptional players will always be considered regardless, as they are often capable of focusing on a particular class or spec build that the guild could better utilize, and are able to play it well. Additionally, other members are able to invest time in to making such a change to better suit their needs and the guild. They want to earn their raid spot back because an exceptional player who joins the guild simply outperformed them at the time.
- Raid applicants should be prepared to start raiding immediately upon joining. Lockouts for raids reset for Tuesday's raid, this means the first Tuesday after you are added the raid roster, you should be on your main raid toon for the guild by 11:30 (CST). (or before 7pm respectively depending on your group's raid times and the end result of the discussion you have with the guild about your raid availability upon joining)
- We are currently recruiting for the Cataclysm farm period and the upcoming Mists of Pandaria progress, applicants should have gear and experience suitable to the current content. Experience with achievements/hard mode encounters in current (and older content, where applicable) is a must.
- Omen, Deadly Boss Mods/BigWigs, and a few class-specific mods depending on your role, are the absolute minimum of essential addons.
- Ability to attend all raid days on a regular basis, with little to no major recurring conflicts. (This includes the ability to keep the guild updated with changes to your normal availability in a timely fasion)
- Mumble, and a working mic. Listening and speaking (at least to convey time-sensitive raid information) are both required.
- A good attitude towards raiding and other players. Members are expected to bring their "A game" to raids every night, not take unplanned/excessive AFKs, follow basic instructions, pay attention, and be raid aware. When we start pulling on progression nights, we are not here to waste other people's time by screwing around.
- A focus on progression. As a guild, our eyes are always on where we're going next, not where we've been. We move older content aside in favor of unkilled bosses and unfinished achievements, and push finished instances aside as soon as practical to leave more time for progression. If your goal is to farm old instances or "easy mode" bosses, this is not the guild for you.
- A sense of humor. We're rough around the edges, largely uncensored, and openly critical of each other in an amusing manner. We make jokes at each other's expense, and give out constructive, but often blunt criticism when mistakes are made for the good of the raid. If you are easily offended by such things, you will not feel at home here. We are honest with each other for the good of the group. It would be advisable to all applicants to develop a thick skin and an open mind to our way of doing things. The weakminded, faint of heart, and those who are easily offended are more often than not the same players who are less likely to make it past the initial trial period as a raider.
After you submit an application on our website, we will contact you via in game mail within 1 week to either set up a time to discuss the application with you on Mumble or decline your application. If all things go well we will bring you into the guild for a trial period where we will evaluate your overall performance, skill, attitude, and attendance. At the end trial period presuming all goes well, you will be promoted to a member status rank. Most trial members will be tested in some way before progression raiding, and/or may be brought into the progression run during their trial period at any time for "sink or swim" type evaluation... be prepared! (More information on our trial periods can be found on our application in the link to "Guild Ranks")
Trial periods can be shorter or longer at the discretion of the council. They may simply see a lot of improvements and wish to have more time to get a solid evaluation. The other side of the coin being a shorter trial period because of constant failures and/or clear irreconcilable differences.
Contact Information -
If you have any specific questions about the guild, the app process or anything not listed here, feel free to contact:
Shadow Envoy - Daine (Recruitment Officer)
Shadow Council - Durlockozk, Chilene, Bronkar, Lasira
Shadow Master (GM) - Aelell a.k.a. Setlo
Please do not contact other guild members simply to check the "status" of your application. If for some reason AFTER 1 week you have not received a response to your application, feel free to contact us in game. Note: We do raid invites at 11:30PM CST, whispering a member of the council or the GM to ask about your application during raid times is not likely to produce the desired response at that time. Nothing is of greater importance at that time to us, than ensuring effective raids for the entire guild. Assuming that the attention of any one of our officers or members will be focused in any one single person's direction outside of this guild after pulls are initiated at raidtime, despite the value of the 9 other peoples time in that raid, would be an error in judgement sufficient enough for the council to simply disregard any merit they would have otherwise given your application to join this guild.
Thank you and good luck! =)
Last edited by Durlockozk; 07-24-2012 at 08:37 PM.