+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Help

Need Help

I have a pally that I am trying the tanking role, I have been doing some runs to get valor points to get gear with dodge total is 13.59, block @ 34.88, parry @16.73 Health is @159 K mana @28,2 I have done some reading and have followed what I have read as far a gear with what I need for tanking. I still need to replace a waist, head and a couple of other things. I have been told several time that I am in PVP gear not PVE stuff but the things that I have followed are for PVE I am looking for any help to get this toon up to the right

without an armoury link there's little solid advice to be given except; get out the PVP gear ASAP, it doesn't have enough of the stats you want even if it is a higher ilvl and will pretty much just make you a mana sponge/pain to heal/squishy; and read this

Firstly it is hard to help if we do not have an armory link to look at.

Secondly from your stats I can tell you need a lot of Mastery. You probably have about 1300 mastery rating. You'll be wanting to double that. You also probably have around 1500 Dodge rating and 2000 parry rating. They are ok for now, you really need to focus on your mastery. Have a read through my guide (click the oversized picture in my signature to go to it), if you have any questions after that I'll do my best to answer them

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kirin-tor/Jbyron/simple that is the battle net for my toon again help would be great I am also looking for a guild for this toon.

As I said before, your mastery is very, very low, you even have healing and dps items in some slots and you haven't reforged or enchanted anything.

I would very strongly recommend reading my guide on protection paladins. Especially the bits about stats, enchanting, talents and glyphs. You've got the right idea with the gems though.
    Last edited by Fetzie; 07-08-2012 at 08:41 PM.

From your armory I would first and foremost suggest: Get some PvE tanking gear in every slot. Those healing/pvp/agi/dps items you have, does not even compare to a green ilvl 318 tank item.

Other than that, be sure to gem, enchant and reforge your gear correctly. That means, get as much mastery as you can, and keep your parry and dodge about equal.
    The box said: "Requires Windows 98 or better.", so I installed Linux.

Moved to Halp as it belongs in there.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Check out http://www.icy-veins.com for some really good guides for your Pally including talents, rotations, caps, gear, gems and enchants advice. I use this site for all my characters and have had great success.

Do not use that site for protection warrior advice. it 's alright but it gets quite a few key things wrong.

+ Reply to Thread