+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PST - Episode 85

Shot every wipe and a shot every time you die is a popular one.

Didn't think about that but we don't wipe much at all

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    I've mentioned this in an older PST that went into dps differentiation via glyphs, but while I agree with you that there doesn't need to be (and probably shouldn't be) a bonus to hard rotations, people should play the "hard" spec because they enjoy it, not because they're bribed into it via numbers. I don't buy into the argument that you would see significant numbers of people migrating over to that class.
    You wouldn't. You'd see significant numbers of people quitting raiding (and quite possibly the game) because their class wasn't good enough.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

One important question is how to you keep rotation difficultly consistent? Do you do it by APM, Procs Per min, number of buttons you have to use during a given fight, how much your rotation changes from fight to fight, punishment for messing up your rotation, etc?

This topic it would be hard to "math out" because it depends heavy on what the player is good at and what is a hard rotation for me may be easy for Lore.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanHez View Post
    If memory serves (someone correct me if wrong), the Annual Pass was announced/started in October (at Blizzcon 2011). Blizzard did push 4.3 live about 3 weeks before SWTOR came out. However, what Lore was saying is that the typical "counter" to another subscription game is to have something happen about 1 month after the other game launches, to pull people who may have tried it to return to WoW. They didn't do anything like that to SWTOR.
    As I recall SWTOR's release date was announced just before Blizzcon and during the event Blizzard announced the annual pass. Looks like a clear attempt to head them off at the pass :P

30:42 - If Blizzard liked that head enchants were gone, why are they adding Valor upgrades?
    The step wasn't just to enchant it when you got it, that isn't exactly hard. The step was you had to grind rep for it, often multiple factions for Dual Spec.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanHez View Post
    If memory serves (someone correct me if wrong), the Annual Pass was announced/started in October (at Blizzcon 2011). Blizzard did push 4.3 live about 3 weeks before SWTOR came out. However, what Lore was saying is that the typical "counter" to another subscription game is to have something happen about 1 month after the other game launches, to pull people who may have tried it to return to WoW. They didn't do anything like that to SWTOR.
    4.3 released almost 2 weeks before SWTOR release, and it wasn't announced until after EA announced SWTOR's release. We all "knew" that it would be after Blizzcon... but the surprise was how close.

As for Lore's idea that a "typical counter" is within one month after.... that's pretty short-sighted. It's always easier to KEEP your customer than it is to lose them, and try to gain them back. There have been marketing studies that have shown that it usually costs about around 4 to 7 times more to get new customers than it does to keep your existing ones. Once you lose a customer's loyalty, it's usually damn hard to win them back. Why would you risk losing a customer to a new game, and then hope that you might be able to win them back?

Far easier, and cheaper, to anchor them and get them committed before losing them. Do a little research on Disney and how they approach this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    Beer? Through a straw? God damn savages.
    Oh hell no......
    No one tanks in a void.........

Am i really the only one that think they're going to announce the release date BEFORE the cinematic?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    Am i really the only one that think they're going to announce the release date BEFORE the cinematic?
    I imagine we'll probably get both announcements at the same time. It's possible though.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Gamescom is a pretty big event, so I definitely think we'll get a release date then.

+ Reply to Thread