+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Legendary - I Heard You Like Valor

Legendary - I Heard You Like Valor

Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Having critised Gary last week, I would like to say a welcome return to form for show and host - good episode.

On the raid issue, only watched the videos but Stone gaurd looks to be an interesting fight from a mechanics point of view. Spiritbinder looks very fun. Spirit kings also looks sound mechanics wise. Given the stage in beta I think the fact you look to have 3 different fights - that will hold some interest, and aren't purely tank and spank (Stone gaurd kinda is) is promising. Not to worried about difficult as I can see the spirit kings could be a challenge with numbers dial up on a few abilities (potentially a lot to avoid), some number tweaking on stonegaurd and it could be devastating if they reach 100% energy without having the debuff. Especially given spiritkings will vary a bit every week.

Also as lore has said not every boss needs to be a massive multi-ability nightmare, if the first bosses are easier, then you have a tricky boss, then a easier boss etc it could be good for progression. No if only they would go back to ulduar hardmodes as opposed to we have no ideas so this one goes to 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagz View Post
    Also as lore has said not every boss needs to be a massive multi-ability nightmare, if the first bosses are easier, then you have a tricky boss, then a easier boss etc it could be good for progression. .
    Yes, filler bosses are a VERY good thing. They add too the instance without necessarily making progressions take ridiculously longer. And there's that loot table problem we had in Dargon Soil that should be a non-issue with twice as many bosses.... that and a tier looting system that doesn't contribute to the scarcity of other drops.

I'd say that the reason MoP holds less Intrest partly lies in that when you compare it to TBC and Wotlk who continued the Lore from Wc III and Cataclysm which updated the world (and broke it) and gave you access to those empty zones you had been waiting for, MoP is entirely new Ground, so theres no longing over seeing what will happen, and we haven't been told much about the conflicts of Alliance and Horde.

Fillers are great. They solve the problem of way over bloated loot tables and give guilds a few more notches to put into there belt until the tier is over/farmed out. Plus it is nice to have bosses that break up the bigger fights in an instance. With all that said I don't think they should be utter push overs but they really don't need to be utterly ground breaking either. They are the type of bosses you don't mind seeing a little copy pasta of abilities on as long as they keep making 7-9 quality (and as unique as you can still create them) fights per tier.

Also want to say great show.

I miss the fried chicken.

+ Reply to Thread