+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 25 Man Heroic Content - Tank Niche's?

25 Man Heroic Content - Tank Niche's?

Hello,

I'm fairly new to WoW - and enjoying 25 Man Heroic Content. I've been pretty good on figuring out how to tank and the different styles each tank brings to the table, one question I have for all of you veterans is:

Do the different Tank Classes get balanced around 10m or 25m content?

I'm currently a Druid Tank and am seriously considering if Monk's will be better for 25m content due to their inherent damage smoothing ability.

-Nos'

The title may be misleading - because my question was different!

Initially I was going to ask if Each Tank had a DESIGNED NICHE, which would be stable for the foreseeable future. Then I realized I only cared about the Druid vs Monk. ( I refuse to jump on the DK Bandwagon, and so my options are - Warrior / Druid / Monk)

If the raid already has a "Good" DK and a Pally on standby - which would you prefer to have as a 2nd tank - Druid, Monk, or Warrior

PS: I expect and hope to become primary tank.

All tanks are designed to be equally playable in both formats. If I had a good DK and a good Pally, I'd take the DK and the Pally.

what fetzie said, the only tanks that really shine above the others on some fights are DKs and Warriors and that just really heroic yorsahj with DKs and heroic spine with warriors. that said id still take a great pally or druid over a mediocre warrior or dk on either of those fights.

Agreed w/ Fetzie and Captanmurdoc. H Spine is easier with a Prot warrior, but I've done it with 2 Blood DKs, 1 Blood DK + 1 Bear, and 1 Bear + 1 Paladin too. Player skill is a larger factor rather than simply bringing a class because of a certain skill set (mostly).
    Last edited by Edd13Mac; 07-02-2012 at 01:38 AM.
    Hunters never die, they just choose to commit suicide. Often.

Everybody is capable, some have an easier time than others. I have said that about tank balance before, and it still holds true. On Yorsaj, if you have a DK, taking a purple isn't even a thing since they just: "LAWL Deathstrike Om Nom Nom Nom, what stacking DoT debuff?" Yet my guild had me tanking it on my warrior, which is (arguably) on the bottom of the list of tanks you would want on that fight, still got the job done though. So my advice to you is: Find the one that you like the playstyle of (in beta if possible), and play it. Unless your guild is really shooting for server first kills; "Bring the player, not the class" will hold true 99% of the time. And if it doesn't, well Blizzard done f#cked up.

+ Reply to Thread