Thread: GC Respone to Tengenstein's Beta Class Balance Post

GC Respone to Tengenstein's Beta Class Balance Post

Looks like GC responded to one of the posts I put up on the Official forums for Tengenstein. The response is quoted below:

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...lysis/#post457
    "The removal of rage from white swings has completely removed Haste as a viable defensive stat for prot warriors… even for bears it's scales with their rage generation
    The difference is that the gear we intend for Prot warriors has no haste or crit on it while the gear we intend for Guardian druids does. We don't want to slap players wrists too hard who use gear outside of what we intend, but at the same time, if we were ever in a place where the DPS plate want the crit / haste gear AND the plate tanks want the crit / haste gear, there will be some tears.
    Crit is somewhat in same boat, it offers no defensive value.
    You can still become Enraged, which increases rage income. As I said though, plate tanks scaling with crit is in the "nice to have" category for us.
    Conversely Expertise and Hit are ridiculously powerful against rage dry spots.
    On the other hand, this was by design. Unlike haste and crit, we do put hit and expertise on tanking gear, and we don’t think tanks will ever value those stats enough if they are just for threat.
    I really do think Bears Rage model is really good, half their rage from white swings half from active abilities.
    We changed it for a few reasons, largely based on feedback. When rage comes from white attacks, then it comes in unpredictably instead of the big chunks from yellow attacks. Now granted the other two warrior specs still must contend with that issue, but it’s usually not an issue of the group wiping if the Arms warrior mismanages rage. Secondly, when you’re kiting or moving which are not uncommon for tanks, any rage from white attacks get shut off. Your yellow attacks you can save to a degree. That said, we could experiment with putting a little rage on white attacks, but it would have to come from Shield Slam, Revenge and Devasate, because we think the overall income of rage for Protection is at the right level. We don’t want the defensive buttons to feel like something you keep up all the time like the Thunder Clap debuff.
    So you're not concerned about Execute displacing Overpowers, completely removing Heroic Strike, and possibly also displacing Mortal Strike?
    For 20% of the fight? No. The idea is that your rotation changes when the target is in Execute range. Overpower is free and Heroic Strike might still be applicable if your rage income is faster than you can Execute, so I don’t think the rotation just becomes Execute, Execute, Execute.
    Why has all to be a mystery that has to be reverse engineered so we can mildly understand it?
    The first answer is it would probably be a full time job for someone on my team to maintain the accuracy of all of that documention. The more important answer is that theorycrafting is a lot of fun for some players. It’s possible to remove too much mystery. Remember that you only need a basic understanding of combat mechanics to kill things. I’d wager you could do fine in Raid Finder with only the 6 buttons from your Core Abilities page. If you want to understand things in exhaustive detail there is a LOT of exhaustive detail. But you should be opting into it. "

Firstly, the last two questions are not mine but someone elses.

secondly
    Crit is somewhat in same boat, it offers no defensive value.
    You can still become Enraged, which increases rage income. As I said though, plate tanks scaling with crit is in the "nice to have" category for us.
    any other prot warrior noticcing enrage from crits?
    Last edited by Tengenstein; 06-25-2012 at 11:53 PM.