+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Legendary - Zarhym and Chong

Legendary - Zarhym and Chong

Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

This was a pretty bad episode Lore I have to agree. Almost had to turn it off early. I do agree with you on the BMAH. BIS should not be available.

Nice to see you getting an answer as to why the EU forums are neglected. Annoys me even more than usual when they finally open up to theory crafting, it's not like the vast majority of top end hardcore raiders are EU or anything.

Also, does INCLUDE belts, boots and bracers exclude the other slots? It sounds very openly worded.

plenty of people in europe speak english? try something in the direction of pretty much every one that plays WoW in europe speaks at least crappy english

As someone running a guild on an EU English server (1 of over 200 EU English servers) I find it totally preposterous what Zarhym had to say about the situation of equality -because that is what this issue is about- between the opportunities being presented to the US and EU websites' users. In my guild, I have members from Germany, Poland, Sweden, Denmark, Bulgaria, Belgium, Greece, The Faroe Isles, South Africa, Italy and of course the UK. Guess what? We all raid together and communicate (in English) on our Voice server!

If you care to look at the EU English forum once in a while, you might notice that there are (generally) no posts made in any other language than English and those that are get swiftly re-directed to where they can get the help they need. Does this mean that anyone of significance working for Blizzard only speaks US English and there would be no way for a dev or CM in the states to have something translated that they could not read themselves? If that be the case, what do the French, Spanish, Portuguese, German and Russian CM and support staff do all day? Answer tickets about lost items? Sit drinking coffee and eating cake?

I cannot explain here (without the aid of a table to flip) how angry your reading of Zarhym's email made me and I actually wonder what is going through the EU support staff's minds when they see posts designed to be inclusive of the gaming community but only available to a minority going out and marginalising non-native English speakers, who for all we know could be graduates in applied mathematics or whatever else. Do we in the EU, TW and CN get different versions of the game, one tested and tweaked by people able to post on the US forum and one where this is not the case? Nonsense!

Considering that several Americans I have met have actually commented on what good English I speak, given as how I come from Scotland, and we "all still live in our butt'n'bens fighting for Wallace, right?" I find this the absolute height of ignorance and nothing more than apathy towards a section of society they would gladly charge a fee to, just so long as non native English speaking Europeans stay quiet and don't ask anything that might not be so eloquently put as they would have themselves.

Rant over, but Lore if you did get in touch via email with Zarhym or anyone else about this, I hope you had the foresight to give them a piece of your mind over something that smacks of the US lording it up over quaint old Europe which is in actual fact a pretty terrible stereotype that prominent members of multicultural corporations or societies should be trying to avoid.

Next they'll be asking EU subs to sit in the back of the bus...

So they have people theorycrafting, thats 10 to 100 people doing a job for free like you guys noticed.  They also have Raid coming out for testing.  I am guessing they are behind schedule, and they are concentrating on the main points of MoP coming out, which i think will be by October.  They haven't released the new BGs have they? If not and we don't see them by the end of July, they may just release PVP content later in a patch and have the main quests to get to 90 done and have at least 1 raid ready to go.  Much like Diablo3 where they will release PVP later, this is all pointing out to getting MOP out and ready.  As far as the whole EU think, that is a big error on there part.  They could of still opened it for those that speak english, which there are a LOT of and some of the biggest raiding guilds just got egg on their face because of this.  Blizzard just farted in your face EU - time to blow up the forums.  EU gamers at least from me here in the US I'm sorry Blizzard has alienated you.  The rest of the community in the US would like to hear from you.  Maybe someone should just hop on the EU forums COPY and Paste to the US.

PS. Gary sometimes you need to stoofoo, i can see Lore's frustration

On crowdsourcing for numbers, It' much prefereable to whatever they did in cata and Wrath just look at the Theorycrafting around Revenge. Poor things was dead for 3.1, 3.2, and 4.0.3 to 4.3 where its still on lifesupport. It's nice to say "Yo Blizz, this ability sucks, buff it hardcore" It's not like we're not gonna do it anyway at least this gives the impression that they might take it on board.

Which isn't something I feel about the EU forums. You post concerns, feedback, or bug reports on the the EU forums and if you're lucky you'll get a Blue post asking you email EU customer support. It's something i find really aggravating about Blizz EU is that even once you got in contact with them, that particular part of it can't whip pass on information to another part. I've had bugs in game (live mid you, not beta), put in a bug report had an in game GM contact me asking me to post it on the bug report forums (which don't actually exist anymore), so i go post in the customer support forums, and i get a blue post asking me to email them....so I do and I quote the Blue post in the email, and hyperlink to the original on the forum and i get an email back saying can i please post in customer support forum.

Blizz EU is a smokescreen. IF my ISP acts funny, I can call them, email them, post on their forums, even write them a letter, same with the Electric, or water companies, and they all say "ok, we'll pass along the concerns to the appropriate people" Blizzard just don't, it;s like theres no communication, or even possibility of communication between the different branches, left handy pandy doesn't know what the right handy pandy is doing. Am i really meant to accept that in-game GMs have no means of passing back information about bugs?

Well apparrently yes, as there's no way that Blizz can get feedback from its EU forums either. I just don't get why they have separate British English and US english sites, its makes no sense beyond American xenophobia, but it could work apart from the fact Donut is 50% larger in British english, is bigger donut'sreally a reason to live apart?

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    Blizz EU is a smokescreen. IF my ISP acts funny, I can call them, email them, post on their forums, even write them a letter, same with the Electric, or water companies, and they all say "ok, we'll pass along the concerns to the appropriate people" Blizzard just don't, it;s like theres no communication, or even possibility of communication between the different branches, left handy pandy doesn't know what the right handy pandy is doing. Am i really meant to accept that in-game GMs have no means of passing back information about bugs?
    Well said that person, The EU forums are just somewhere for the EU players can go to be mostly ignored by Blizzard, So many times players themselves has reposted IMPORTANT Blue posts/replies from the NA forums and they EU Blues have had no idea they existed! (The Bullshit over the restrictions placed on level 60 PvP armour being a more recent example of this) Not that I am saying the EU Blues do a bad job but they are obviously the forgotten cousins that get a token invite to the wedding (in the hope they won't actually turn up!

As for the game itself I was quite looking forward to MoP but as the days go on I hear more and more information that leaves me thinking this game is no longer for me, unless I suddenly change to being either a raider or go pvp neither of which I enjoy to any extent!

The BMAH deal sounds like only the rich can afford to buy from it, I've never been a rich player, I used to login, do my dailies, run a few dungeons and then the few hundred gold I had ear't would be then ploughed into over priced AH goods for gems and enchants that we have been made to be dependent on in this game, Blizzard made us all junkies and the dealers are the JC's and Enchanters (Cataclysm having broken the crack dens of the Scribes)

Lore can you convince Gary to just let Mike S. host legendary. The the love of God please. I am so tired of Gary's bs that I can't even watch Legendary anymore. I got 10 minutes in and just turned it off. Its just to hard to get content with Gary hosting.

Hate to say it but Gary is coming across as I cannot be bothered with WOW and I shall arse around instead, it adds nothing to the show except noise and distraction.

Call for Mike S is a good one.

Real shame as the topics were potentially interesting.

EU beta test thing is a nonsense, you have guys that can createconvert game editions in another language but cannot read feedback? seriously. Also especially when it comes to raid testing and numbers, feedback for Asia and Europe should be taken as a high percentage of top raid guilds are based in these areas. If anyone understands the game and how to break stuff its these guys - not to discount the top American guilds.

I like Gary's work. Most of his stuff is pretty good and normally funny. You see I have a little troll in myself as well at times, and because of that I can get a laugh off trollish behavior from time to time. It does add something to the show. But it started getting a little worse or at least slipping to the point of out of hand here the past few weeks. Just seems like he is letting or carrying the jokes/trolls a little to far and making them a bit to repetitive. You have really good times to flash Mike S in a dress, and at those times it's mildly funny. Same with birthday Mike B. You know the times they say something that makes you thinking, "really... REALLY". But flashing them up every time they speak kind of makes it lose its touch, and just starts to make it annoying enough to not watch. I am sure the sound board will get way overly used as well and add even more interruption to the show.

Just need the old Gary Gannon back that reported on MMO's and such. Kept to the facts but kept the facts interesting instead of trying to make something interesting and sliding in facts from time to time. That Gary entertains a lot better then the over the top entertainer version. At least in my opinion.

With all that said I still over the show. Love GBTV and maybe GG is just having it rough having to work again after E3 and all the other fun times off he got to do.

Seems like Gary is just interested in whatever is new. WoW as the old staple that people cling to is just an impediment if you are only interested in a constant stream of new games.

I don't like being a "me too" but lately Gary has just been distracting from what I watch this show for. I don't feel his passion for WoW at all. He's not invested in it. Bring back Mike S.

Quote Originally Posted by warriwarri View Post
    plenty of people in europe speak english? try something in the direction of pretty much every one that plays WoW in europe speaks at least crappy english
    Spankyou!

Lore I tried to watch this because I like marmot and PST so much.... These guys are really shity! You should just start your own damn show where you bring people in and talk to them. Your twice the internet personality these guys are,. Don't slum it homey!

+ Reply to Thread