Thread: Blizz taking ideas from a PST

Blizz taking ideas from a PST

I can't remember which PST lore took this question, but it was regarding the reset of cooldowns after a wipe or when a boss encounter starts. Well, looks like it's coming to MOP:

Ghostcrawler:
    We have new tech to reset certain long cooldowns that youíre sometimes tempted to wait around for before each pull (such as Summon Doomguard), when you wipe on an encounter. This tech hasnít been hooked up to every encounter yet, but you should be able to see this work on some encounters (such as Stone Guard on this Friday).
    This wonít apply to every long cooldown. Our current rule of thumb is that it applies to cooldowns longer than 5min, but no longer than 10min, but there will be some exceptions to that. It is going to be very subjective which cooldowns are included, but again our rule of thumb is: would reasonable groups kill time waiting for this cooldown to finish before starting an encounter? Please don't lobby for every cooldown you have to be included.

This was from the official forum posts "Beta class balance analysis".

Honestly, I think most of the new features nowadays originate in a discussion about "players were asking if we would implement X". There is only a limited amount of fresh ideas a dev team can come up with to keep a game interesting and I am starting to think that we will have reached that point with MoP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Our current rule of thumb is that it applies to cooldowns longer than 5min, but no longer than 10min, but there will be some exceptions to that.
    Meaning not Reincarnation, basically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Any plan that doesn't call for the end of the world or the extinction of the human race isn't a good plan

Quote Originally Posted by Ion View Post
    Meaning not Reincarnation, basically.
    Of course! No one likes shammies. Who needs 'em!

This probably would also not apply to cooldowns like mass rez..... mass summon.... etc. Looks like they're targeting it to ensure that we're not waiting on cooldowns used in-fight..... but we're still stuck hoofing it back to the fight.
    No one tanks in a void.........

Quote Originally Posted by Leucifer View Post
    Of course! No one likes shammies. Who needs 'em!

This probably would also not apply to cooldowns like mass rez..... mass summon.... etc. Looks like they're targeting it to ensure that we're not waiting on cooldowns used in-fight..... but we're still stuck hoofing it back to the fight.
    They're getting rid of mass rez/summon, I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Any plan that doesn't call for the end of the world or the extinction of the human race isn't a good plan

Quote Originally Posted by Ion View Post
    They're getting rid of mass rez/summon, I believe.
    Sounds good to me. Falls in line with the renewed philosophy of "see the world" instead of the "skip past everything, go directly to raid."

Of course, how long that stays before people whine about having to wait on raiders again..... we'll see.
    No one tanks in a void.........

I think mass res is staying in, mass summon is scrapped.