+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ATTN: Theorycrafters

ATTN: Theorycrafters

As many of us in the TankSpot community are fairly heavily invested in theorycrafting, I wanted to draw to your attention that Blizzard is currently asking for feedback specifically related to how the numbers are currently stacking up in the beta. So, if you have a concern you want to bring directly to the devs, now's the time.

The thread on the official forums is located here.
    Last edited by Lore; 06-19-2012 at 08:28 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Would love to, unfortunately without a US game license you can't post on the US forums.

Well that's a bit of a snag. Is there a similar thread on the EU forums?

Nope, was just ranting about it in shoutbox, no post about it at all!

Edit: Worst part is that I can actually log in on the US forums with my Battle.net account, but I can't actually post, because "no character was found". Ironic, considering you can post on the Diablo forums without having any character at all!
    Last edited by Airowird; 06-20-2012 at 03:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Hey lore, I love the videos, but I do much miss a time when tankspot had a lot of theorycrafting and other things on the front page as well. Im not sure what you or the tankspot teams capacity is to increase content, but if possible it would be great to see some more stuff than just the weekly shows. If its a matter of not having enough people, Im sure many in the community if given ideas of what could be added would happy to provide content. I know I would be. Heck Im sure a lot of people have ideas for content already

also, lol at it saying I am a new registrant just cause i very rarely post even tho ive been a member since 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Barlar View Post
    also, lol at it saying I am a new registrant just cause i very rarely post even tho ive been a member since 2009
    The default titles are bases solely on post count, don't take it personally.

Oh i dont:P i dunno why ive posted so little. i saw it say 5 and was suprised it was so low lol. thats like a post every 8 month lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    Would love to, unfortunately without a US game license you can't post on the US forums.
    Bet you could find some of us who would be willing to post in your name.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

Quote Originally Posted by Reev View Post
    Bet you could find some of us who would be willing to post in your name.
    We(vocal EUers) here on Tankspot can, but before I had the nerve to go and start posting here, I wouldn't have known how to have stuff posted on the US site and I definately wouldn't have asked someone here to post it for me, as was the case way back in tBC, when I barely even knew TS existed. That's the thing that annoys me the most, they open a direct communication to the devs, yet limit it to location, immediately cutting out at least half the player base that knows enough english to communicate, but simply isn't allowed to because of where they live.

[/rant]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Anyone want to post on my behalf?

I have no problem with helping out our EU friends and having their voices heard on the forums. Just if it's math, make sure it's correct 'cause lord knows I won't find the errors.

I wanted to draw to your attention that Blizzard is currently asking for feedback specifically related to how the numbers are currently stacking up in the beta.
    Man, it's almost like they want people to do their jobs for free or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    I have no problem with helping out our EU friends and having their voices heard on the forums. Just if it's math, make sure it's correct 'cause lord knows I won't find the errors.
    THanks, i've sent part 1 (stupid Tankspot character limits) and i'll send Part 2 later this evening (stupid tankspot send one PM ever 2 hours) not sure when as i have to raid in 3o minutes...

Quote Originally Posted by Barlar View Post
    Hey lore, I love the videos, but I do much miss a time when tankspot had a lot of theorycrafting and other things on the front page as well. Im not sure what you or the tankspot teams capacity is to increase content, but if possible it would be great to see some more stuff than just the weekly shows. If its a matter of not having enough people, Im sure many in the community if given ideas of what could be added would happy to provide content. I know I would be. Heck Im sure a lot of people have ideas for content already
    I'm actually planning on promoting a lot more user-created work on the front page. Problem is just that I don't know every class super well (especially with MoP changes). So if you (or anyone else) sees anything here on the site that deserves some attention, please let me know

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Crit is somewhat in same boat, it offers no defensive value.
    You can still become Enraged, which increases rage income.
    Someone point out to GC that prot warriors only enrage via Critical BLOCKS of which Crit rating itself has no bearing.

How can one theorycraft without addons? Stenographer watching you play?

Observation, simulation, calculation.

Just saw this from GC, wonder if anyone would care to post the following since us EU account holders can't;

"Every voice matters."I disagree with you a little about tank shortage. I think it is almost entirely because tanks have a lot of responsibility to set the pace of things, know the boss mechanics and often even have to explain them to others.
    I doubt that, i think it has more to do with Tanks gearing up faster through LF content, and generally having to work harder anytime DPS screw up, if they fail at CCing, the tanks and the healers have to take care of it, If they fail at interupting or offensively dispelling its the tank who takes it to the face. the majority of DPS do not want to learn, and woe betide any tank who trys to tell them to do something differently, like asking for a tricks/MD or to turn Growl off. It's like trying to compete in a three legged race where your partner has no interest in standing up let alone being a team player. I'd rather not experience that.

"Every voice matters"? which is why their isn't an EU version of this thread. and EU users have to get their comments posted second hand

+ Reply to Thread