+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Legendary - Gone Too Far

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    I am very certain that there are more than 150k level 85s.
    According to http://realmpop.com, there are a litte more than 6M level 85:s in EU and a similar amount in the US region.

Sounds about right.

I don't really get the problem, guilds have been selling mounts like Mimiron's Head, Invincible, Yellow firehawk, handmaiden, Glory achievements and loot for hundreds of thousands of ingame gold since classic. Now that Blizzard wants to do it, it is suddenly bad?

Now that Blizzard wants to do it, it is suddenly bad?
    I think timing is the unknown factor here. Progression guilds only sell runs after progression is done. I suspect people are worried BiS items will be available on the BMAH while those items are still a factor in the race.

Edit: Oh, and they risk loosing business to Blizzard.

I think timing is the unknown factor here. Progression guild only sell runs after progression is done. I suspect people are affraid BiS items will be available here while they are still a factor in the race.
    Anybody needing to buy a raid item is not in the "race" to a first kill anyway.

Anybody needing to buy a raid item is not in the "race" to a first kill anyway.
    Possibly, but wouldn't the reasoning go along the same lines as with exploits, if everybody else is doing it and you're not, you risk being at a dissadvantage?

And if the item shows up on somebody else's server and not yours? A single item is not going to decide a server first race.

Not to mention the BMAH auctions take what...3 days to expire? Hell, any guild that's actually "in the race" for content is probably already finishing up normal modes at least before the auctions for an item of that tier are even complete.

Sounds about right.

I don't really get the problem, guilds have been selling mounts like Mimiron's Head, Invincible, Yellow firehawk, handmaiden, Glory achievements and loot for hundreds of thousands of ingame gold since classic. Now that Blizzard wants to do it, it is suddenly bad?
    Its bad for those who are selling DS HC run for 500k atm on my realm... ofc they scream everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaktunak-kazzak View Post
    Its bad for those who are selling DS HC run for 500k atm on my realm... ofc they scream everywhere.
    They aren't being told not to do this any more are they?

Sounds about right.

I'm not quite as worried about mounts and whatnot as I am with gear (because gear affects player power). But it is still wrong - the ability to sell access to those items is a perk (admittedly, not one that was necessarily put in the game on purpose, it has arisen through natural play) for the raid guild - they can use their raid progress to generate some money for repairs, augments, and consumables.

If current items go up on the BMAH, that suddenly opens up direct competition for these activities, reducing demand for their "product". That gold should go to raid guilds, not just get destroyed in a BMAH transaction.

The BMAH is important - it *will* leech a lot of the massive amounts of the extra money sloshing around in the wow economy that is causing inflation issues. You just don't need to degrade the raiding game to do it. Old drops, mounts, feats of strength, or perhaps BMAH-only items and transmog sets will do just fine, thanks. Leave the gear for the raiders, and current achievements and mounts, too.

Not to mention the BMAH auctions take what...3 days to expire? Hell, any guild that's actually "in the race" for content is probably already finishing up normal modes at least before the auctions for an item of that tier are even complete.
    Again, you can't assume this.

Again, you can't assume this.
    Yes you can. Any guild in the running for top 20 region/world will clear normal modes in under 3 hours in the first week.

Isn't that kinda a problem though? Day 1 finish normals, have 4 days to watch BMAH for upgrades before we start HCs?

Yes you can. Any guild in the running for top 20 region/world will clear normal modes in under 3 hours in the first week.
    It doesn't matter if you clear normal modes in 3 hours, or you clear it at 11:59 PM on the monday before the first reset, you cleared it in the first week. That doesn't preclude heroic items from showing up on the BMAH during that first week, and affecting progression for the second week (the first week of heroic raiding).

+ Reply to Thread