Thread: Halp, just started playing again! <>Protection warrior<>

Halp, just started playing again! <>Protection warrior<>

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldabyss/simple

[h=4]Base[/h]
    • Mastery 21.96
    [h=4]Other[/h]
    • Block 52.95%

~

Thats what I had pre 4.3 patch... Now im kind of lost on what I need to do in terms of percentages, as well as what to reforge. So if you could take a look at my gear and give me a quick upodate and what i would need that would be greatly appreciated.

First goal get your CTC to 102.4%, thats get your dodge% +Parry%+Block%+5 to equal 102.4% or slightly above it. Ideally refored any non tanking stat to mastery, and try to keep both odge and parry ratings about equal. if a peice has parry and dodge refre whichever will give you the most mastery.

Gear wise, Chain run LFR and LFG for the valour points and pick up some 397 valour gear, Trinket wise get some static Mastery ones, DMC: Earthquake is a horrible trinket. The Black Heart form ToC normal is a better trinket and thats an ilvl200. the valour trinket is good as is the the one from the Tal Barad vendors; Mirror of broken images.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    First goal get your CTC to 102.4%, thats get your dodge% +Parry%+Block%+5 to equal 102.4% or slightly above it. Ideally refored any non tanking stat to mastery, and try to keep both odge and parry ratings about equal. if a peice has parry and dodge refre whichever will give you the most mastery.

Gear wise, Chain run LFR and LFG for the valour points and pick up some 397 valour gear, Trinket wise get some static Mastery ones, DMC: Earthquake is a horrible trinket. The Black Heart form ToC normal is a better trinket and thats an ilvl200. the valour trinket is good as is the the one from the Tal Barad vendors; Mirror of broken images.
    static mastery?

Static mastery..... as in, mastery as a permanent stat, not from a proc on the trink.
    No one tanks in a void.........

Quote Originally Posted by Leucifer View Post
    Static mastery..... as in, mastery as a permanent stat, not from a proc on the trink.
    oh trueee okay

Mirror of Broken Images 321 static mastery, the kind of trinket you want

Soulshifter Vortex 3278 mastery on proc, whilst a nice trinket until you get 102.4% CTC you should consider it inferior.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    Mirror of Broken Images 321 static mastery, the kind of trinket you want
    Still a nice trink as it's just about the only one that will help a warrior offset magic damage too.
    No one tanks in a void.........

Think i got it like 2 weeks into cata and the only time its not in my bags is when i'm wearing it

Yeah, see about replacing anything that isn't at least 378 as soon as you have the time to do so. You still have a upgrade from JP for your boots.

You need to balance out your dodge an parry a little better while shooting for CTC cap. So reforge the non-surviaval stats on yor sheild and sword to dodge instead of parry for starters. Also reforge anny parry/mastery peices to dodge until your parry%=dodge%

I would also advise ignoring any socket bonus that isn't +20 mastery and gemming straight mastery until you get too CTC cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregasaurous View Post
    Yeah, see about replacing anything that isn't at least 378 as soon as you have the time to do so. You still have a upgrade from JP for your boots.

You need to balance out your dodge an parry a little better while shooting for CTC cap. So reforge the non-surviaval stats on yor sheild and sword to dodge instead of parry for starters. Also reforge anny parry/mastery peices to dodge until your parry%=dodge%

I would also advise ignoring any socket bonus that isn't +20 mastery and gemming straight mastery until you get too CTC cap.
    Kk there it equals now

Your meta gem should be the 81 stam and 1% block. Other than that, it just appears to be the same old gear grind.

+ Reply to Thread