+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Prot Warrior confused why still squishy

Awesome guide makes me wanna bring my 80 paladin over to my main server LOL
    So simple and easy to understand.

I really must commend you on taking so much time and putting in so much effort to make the guide and the spreadsheet.

Fetzie, ok i downloaded your CTC spreadsheet filled in all the details.

Horde: Tauren

DR: 2113
    Parry: 2295
    Mast: 3143
    Str: 4116

I get,

Total AVO & Block: 95.05
    Block needs to go: -7.35
    Mast needs to go: -878 rating

Does this mean i have to tune down my mastery parry and dodge all at once? After that once i reach CTC i pump up on stam? Is that about right?

It means your CTC is 95.05%. You need to gain 7.35% CTC to hit the cap. The easiest/simplest way to increase your CTC is by using mastery rating because it scales linearly (1 mastery rating is worth just as much at 1% CTC as it is at 95% CTC). Thus gaining 878 mastery rating would put you at the CTC cap. When you are above the CTC cap then the numbers will turn positive. I admit it isn't as clear as it could be.

Did you remember to activate raid buffs? You should always check your Combat Table Coverage when raid buffed, and the spreadsheet allows you to do so without begging random DKs, warriors or shamans to give you Battle Shout every 3 minutes, or spending money on eating buff food.

Ah guess thats the reason why askmrrobot guided me to stack mastery. Also with all buffs selected as yes i get,

-417rating

I just uploaded a new version of the warrior sheet, you should now have about 0.02% more CTC (the racial strength difference wasn't working in that version).

If you don't use the mastery elixir, don't "use" it. Same with the buff food options. You can only use one buff food at one time, so don't activate both.

+ Reply to Thread