+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Which to use?

But i ran the sims for you, Atraxis is worse EVEN with the extra gem socketed to the max, not socketing it, or socketing with a worse gem is only going to push your DPS with it further behind your DPS with LFR gurth as your offhand instead. LFR gurth is just a plain better off hand than any normal mode weapon.

The thing is Atraxis isn't necessarily worse. I've done multiple Sims on toons with out changing gear and gotten a 100 dps swing. One thing to consider is situationally when you'd prefer to be at the mercy of RNG (as was previously mentioned). In multitarget situations (such as skittles) when WW will give an additional chance to proc gurth has a definite advantage. Single target though, I still prefer steady damage over RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    But i ran the sims for you, Atraxis is worse EVEN with the extra gem socketed to the max, not socketing it, or socketing with a worse gem is only going to push your DPS with it further behind your DPS with LFR gurth as your offhand instead. LFR gurth is just a plain better off hand than any normal mode weapon.
    And I appreciate that man, other than that we were just having a discussion. Thank you very much for taking the time to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumurak View Post
    But the real question is do I main hand that heroic axe and off hand the normal gurth, which would substainatially lower the proc rate. Or offhand the h-axe and gimp it's dps offhand in favor of normal gurth procs.
    gurth in main hand. the proc is much stronger.

+ Reply to Thread