+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I need help reaching full CTC.

I need help reaching full CTC.

Fairly new to paladin tanking ....but enjoying the experience..albeit I have completed only 25 man LR. Would appreciate help as above. Any comments will be gratefully received and the cheque is in the post "bad joke"..

Krow.

First suggestion, do a quick search or randomly pop into a few threads and look for a post by Fetzie. His signature has a link to two spreadsheets. One is for warrior and one is for paladin. These will let you determine where you sit on ctc and how much more you need.

Second: Armory link?

Need a link to your armory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

to make an armory link go to either

eu.battle.net/wow/en/

or

us.battle.net/wow/en/

and type your character's name in the search box. Then you can find your character in the page that opens.

I am assuming this is you:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rn/Krow/simple

Meta - use the 81 stam and 1% block
    Helm - Reforging the dodge may give more ctc coverage (if anyone can confirm)
    Back is solid even if it's not BiS, go ahead and throw the armor enchant on it
    Chest, pure mastery in the yellow
    Bracers, pure mastery gem
    Gloves, pure mastery gem and you may get more ctc from reforging the dodge to mastery instead of hit (can anyone confirm?)
    Belt buckle, pure mastery
    Legs, pure mastery in yellow (edit: I can't remember the stats on the T12 legs for the life of me. Those may be better for ctc and JP are easy to get)
    Boots, pure mastery in yellow
    Queen's Boon ring is ok, but no native mastery means that this is the one I would replace with the VP when you can
    Lose the Brawler's Trophy as quick as you can. The mastery+resist trink from Tol Barad dailies would be sweet here until the rest of your gear gets you far enough over ctc to use a stam trinket or other as the fight dictates. Spidersilk Spindle is another solid trinket for that slot if you do Firelands runs.

Edit:
    Relic, reforge dodge instead and gem pure mastery

I would recommend taking the points out of hallowed ground and dropping consecration from use except in special circumstances (I still use it if I get disarmed for example). That would let you finish persuit of justice. Then you can take a point from Reckoning and finish Rule of Law as well if you like (Rule of Law is technically better threat and extra crit on WoG is nice).

Also, I would personally glyph crusader strike instead of hammer of the righteous. Boss performance > trash, imo. Since you would be dropping consecration from your rotation, you can replace that glyph with whatever is best for the specific fight; cheaper crusader strike, free interrupts, etc. Change glyph of dazing shield for glyph of focused shield. You lose a little AoE but gain a lot on single targets (i.e. bosses). I was very hesitant to make this change myself but once I did, I've been very happy with the results. My dps is a little lower on AoE, but don't lose threat so no biggie, but boss dps did increase.
    Last edited by sifuedition; 05-30-2012 at 01:32 PM.

Thank you sifuedition for all your suggestions...and will of course try out this change/spec.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rn/Krow/simple

Could not change belt buckle to all yellow..would have lost my Meta benefit.
    Last edited by Krow; 05-30-2012 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Thank you Fetzie for the armory link....I learn something every day and it feels just awesome.

+ Reply to Thread