+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Have you heard of ELF UI?

Have you heard of ELF UI?

I am a new tank..and have been working my way through normal 5 man...into Twilight 5 man dungeons and have learnt a great deal. However I heard about the above UI and wondered if this was an appropriate UI for tanks. I guess if you all say it is a personal choice I will go ahead and try this. Thanks.
    Krow.

Apologies. Good start to my posting. Its actually ELV UI....

I have used that interface before and here is my OPINION on it.

Pros:
    Looks great

For those who like the base ui, it is similar enough that there is not a large amount of adjustment.

Cons:
    This is actually a collection of other addons all skinned to look cohesive. The problem with that is that the menus for those combined addons is usually not preserved. Therefore, I cannot manually adjust some of the settings that I want to so that I can customize where information is shown even though I know that I should be able to.

For me, the cast bars were not effectively visible so I had to add in a cast bar mod...then the action bars were not as customizable as I was used to so I added in a bar mod...then the "X" was almost what I wanted but...basically, I was adding back in a lot of the addons I was using before on top of this UI. In the end, I realized I was just better off with my old UI I customized myself. It really allows me to see the information I want and ONLY what I need. Also, I ended up with addon conflicts and the extra action button not being visible in DS (not an issue with just elvui but it was once I added in a few other addons I wanted). I actually macro this so I can keybind it anyways, so this was not really a deciding factor for me.

It is definitely all a matter of opinion. The UI itself is not a hinderance to tanking. Me personally, I am very picky about what info shows near my toon and what shows on the edges of the screen so that I can process info as fast as possible. Elvui just didn't give me the ability to customize that the way I wanted.

IF it uses Tidyplates then its adequate for tanking

If you HAVE to go with a compilation, use http://www.wowinterface.com/download...68-RealUI.html.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    ElvUI isn't a compilation, it's just one addon ElvUI nothing more, nothing less, and it's highly configurable inside of with the custom GUI Elv created for ElvUI. From the unitframe sizes even how the power frames work, cast bars and etc.

Tengenstein, the nameplates in ElvUI have an enhanced threat mode that as tank spec it changed color based on your threat and I think they change sizes like the default nameplate features.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

sounds like it does what TP does.

Thanks for your advice/comments. I tanked LFR 25man (8 bosses) today, just using DBM, Omen and standard wow UI. All was ok...but just would like to tidy up the screen a little.

I really like LUI - UI. It's a nice set up and even though I still download some other addons it integrates nicely.

LUI has Grid, I like Vuhdu better. FOr my Mage I donwloaded mage nuggets. The built in threat plates in LUI work very good, it's hard to beat Tidy and threat plates though, I will admit that.

It takes a little while to get your profiles set up for different toons, but once you do it's real easy to have a completely different UI for a tank and a healer.

LUI is also constantly upgrading his UI too. He has dedicated forums where there's all kinds of info on different ways to set up the UI.

On the flip side - if anyone has con's about LUI, I'd like to hear them. Truth is I'm just coming back and kinda serching for new stuff. At this point it'd take a good case for me to switch from LUI, but anything is possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    Best bet also is find 2-3 healers you know to q with and tell them to forget everyone else and just keep you alive.

+ Reply to Thread