+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Holy Paly advice

Need Holy Paly advice

So my guild is just forming a raid team - we ran our third DS 10 man tonight. We are trying out a lot of different people, and we are having trouble with the throughput our Holy Paly is getting. Her parse from tonight is here:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o...ji/details/13/

Her armory is here:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ceful/advanced

We would love to be able to help her get her healing on track - but I am a Resto Druid and I am not very knowledgeable about Holy Palies, so it is a bit difficult to know exactly where to point her. I can see that she isn't using Holy Shock enough, and it looks like she isn't getting all she can from her beacon. Any suggestions?

I can't really help with the gameplay, but you ought to get her fully enchanted. Change her meta gem to the Burning shadowspirit and replace Glyph of Divine Favour with Glyph of Holy Shock, reforge her bracers from mastery to Haste. Probably a good idea to get her to use an addon to remind her about keeping Beacon up and Shock on CD. I use PowerAuras, got it setup to to show a big holy shock icon just beside the raid frames if its available and just below it a a beacon icon if i let beacon fall off.

For her gear, a few things: for her weapon enchant use Power Torrent, for her bracers enchant with Intellect; as was said her meta should be Intell and 2% increased mana (threat reduction is uselss - she can bubble to drop threat, but there's nothing in DS where threat from heal aggro is even an issue), enchant the rest of her gear; level her professions (here's where I get to be a hypocrite, since my professions are far from optimal on my pally) unless she's really into mining I'd switch to JC, BS, LW (130 intell to bracers), enchanting. Why a yellow gem in a red socket on her boots? Intell is our best stat, dont' waste a red socket (unless she has to activate her meta). After Intell it's Haste (as someone on here once said, haste is like crack to Holy Pallies).

In fairness, there is a school of thought that goes mastery over haste for pure single target tank healing - I can't comment, I just don't think the bubbles get big enough to over take haste.

I agree on switching out the glyphs as mentioned above. Also, I'm not a big fan of the Light of Dawn Glyph, but I do switch out glyphs based on the fight so that glyph slot gets moved around. Normally, I keep the Divine Protection glyph in there since 40% magic damage reduction is great in DS.

I'm not great with parsing logs, but it seems she casts a lot of Divine Light and Holy Radiance, but not a lot of Holy Shock or Light of Dawns. As pointed out Holy Shock should be constantly on cooldown, it does a couple of things; it gives a charge of Holy Power and it can proc Speed of Light making you next cast virtually instant. Generally, healing is Holy Shock, Holy Radiance, Holy Radiance, (to get 3 charges of Holy Power), Light of Dawn. Think of that as the base on which to build. As a pally you're always looking to get to 3 charges of Holy Power since that gives you a mana free single target instant cast monster heal (Word of Glory) that has a chance to use no Holy Power, giving you a second bite at the apple; or a mana free instant cast AoE heal. All good things come from using Holy Shock effectively.

This is my pally if she wants to take a look at the gearing, gems and enchants (I have the Avenging Wrath Glyph in since we were going to get Glory of the Cataclysm Hero yesterday and I wanted the dragonkin stun in Grimm Batol - we didn't get the mount, we have to go back to Lost City Tonight for "Headed South"; damn priest DoTs killed him just after the debuff fell off).

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...straw/advanced

Thank you all for the advice - gives us a good amount to go over with her.

Our holy pally recently found some info on mmochamp that indicates the judgement buff stacks with heartsong in a way that makes it very powerful. His initial testing seems to back that up but it's still too early to be 100%.

So, now in 4.3, you can see the above math and notes and imagine that debate taking place again with a new 30% buff to Spirit, which is a 60% buff to Heartsong (0.5 Spirit regeneration multiplier up to 0.8 is a 60% increase).
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ated-for-4-3-3

That's a nice amount of mana regen; almost like having your own Mana Tide totem; if he's right and you have the Heroic Heart of Unliving....wow.

+ Reply to Thread