+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Weekly Marmot - The Prestige

Speaking of Gold, I don't know what control if any you have over this kind of thing, but Youtube is putting gold-selling ads over the video for this week's marmot.

@Agg

Well as of now there is no buyout, just pure bids, hence my worry. As for the not needing a big server to gold cap, I agree, that's why it has to be individual, otherwise it'd be just the richest person on each server bidding on the same item at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vol View Post
    While I agree that the concept of prestige is important, especially for an MMO, I would like to emphasize a(n) [opinionated] point:

Prestige should result from when an item was obtained or an achievement accomplished, not that the item/achievement was made unobtainable.

The impression that I get is that you more or less agree with this, stating that you are fine with someone getting a "prestige" item if they put forth personal effort. As an extension of this thought, I do not think rewards should be removed. Despite it being substantially easier to get an Icecrown Citadel Meta Achievement Mount than it was in Wrath of the Lich King, the mount still requires effort to obtain. Given that the top-end players will always have the "new thing" to earn long before most of anyone else does, it doesn't make sense to remove rewards that are more easily obtained than when they were first implemented.
    This whole thing would make sense if the content was still relevant, as in you actually were required to farm some gear in order to progress to the next tier of content.
    Current day world of warcraft it makes little sense to keep rewards from meta's & end-bosses when all that's required is to completely skip most dungeons and head straight into lfr. (Hell you can even go straight to the ah and get pvp gear just for the ilvl attunement)

There's no effort involved in steam rolling through old content when your stats alone guarantee success provided you have basic skills of moving out of bad stuff while hitting 2-3 keys, I know everyone is really into being politically correct so no one gets offended in this new era of the game.., but it is getting to the point where people feel they are justly rewarded just for login into the game and thereby should have access to everything.

Personally I feel that's the wrong mindset to bring to a game such as an mmo that's partly driven by vanity no matter what your in to.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    Yeah, gold cap for transfer is like 5,000 gold I believe and you need to be level 51 I think. The cap scales up based on you level up to level 51 (maybe it's 50). I transferred a horde pally at level 42 or so and was only able to move like 2k or 4k gold or something.
    5k is the transfer cap. But a character transfer is $25, a guild xfer is $35. A guild xfer needs a character to be transfered with, costs about 10 dollars more and lets you move 100k, plus how many tabs of stuff you have (and the 5k xfer cap from your toon).

As somebody who's server hopped a lot, its really not that hard to circumvent the 5k cap, just read up on the server you xfering to AH. Normally a transfer if done correctly will give you a ~25% increase in net gold thanks to the xfer cap.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Quote Originally Posted by Kagitaar View Post
    - Keymaster was super easy when you had played the game forever though, so I can't count that as being an accomplishment; hey look, all the keys I got from playing the game got me 10 points, that's nice.
    That comes across badly too as it was not easy for everyone to get that, though it may have been easy for you. I get what you mean though, and it is tough in this day and age where almost every one takes offense to something said.

Off topic: Though WoW is currently boring me personally, Blizzard's D3 has certainly been keeping me entertained.

Quote Originally Posted by leethaxor View Post
    5k is the transfer cap. But a character transfer is $25, a guild xfer is $35. A guild xfer needs a character to be transfered with, costs about 10 dollars more and lets you move 100k, plus how many tabs of stuff you have (and the 5k xfer cap from your toon).

As somebody who's server hopped a lot, its really not that hard to circumvent the 5k cap, just read up on the server you xfering to AH. Normally a transfer if done correctly will give you a ~25% increase in net gold thanks to the xfer cap.
    It's 50k these days.

Guild transfer cap is 1 million as well from what I understand, and only requires a level2 guild.

@Maziel

Well except for the Scholo and DM keys, you just got them naturally while leveling unless you never touched a dungeon in your life.

+ Reply to Thread