+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot warrior Issues

Prot warrior Issues

I thought I had my build correct but my main tank (DK) is complaining to my raid group about me so I need to figure out what the issue is he says I need more stamina and should gem myself like him.

My toon
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...plosion/simple

His toon
    Sorry he logged out in his dps set

basically I'm having a hard time surviving the impales during madness.

Your DK is right, you could stand to gem a little more stam. You only need 102.4% CTC (block+parry+dodge chance+5) fully buffed. Once you have that much your pretty much left only with Stam as providing any tangible survivability benefit, you're already above that figure. However even with your healthpool an impale shouldn't be a problem. It hits for 400K its been nerfed 20% to 360k, you should be in def stance for another 10% so 324k and you should have demo shout up for another 10% so 291.6k if you use shield wall you knock 40% off it taking it down to a survivable 175k hit.Being as thats 6k less than your unbuffed health pool it shouldn't kill you. Shield wall is a 2 min cd, so should be up for Every platform. As long as your making sure you're in def stance, have demo shout and shield wall up at the right time you should survive, assuming you healers are making sure you're topped off before hand.

There;s quite a few things i'd change with both yours and the DKs specs, but ultimately both will work, they're not the best they could be, but if you're having problems its not going to be down purely to the spec. I susspect its probably down to inattentive healing, poor CD managment, and a lack of tank debuff uptime.

I reforged more mastery and changed your gems around based on the gear on your profile, with full stacks of that crap dodge trinket you'll be just over CTC with mastery food and full raid buffs.

http://www.chardev.org/profile/397146-Metalplosion.html

What I would do is hope Indomitable Pride drops and replace the dodge trinket with that, then you can adjust your gems around a better trinket setup. Also, at least for 397 bracket, the crafted legs + tier shoulders grant more ctc as well as the crafted bracers and ultraxion boots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

thanx for the help changes have been made as suggested gonna try to get the gear recommended.

I've updated to some of the recommended gear and geming/reforging is there any other changes I should make to my current gear set?http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...osion/advanced

I would recommend changing the meta to the 81 stam and 1% block.

+ Reply to Thread