+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blizz Blues 57: Darnellify (WoW UI Mod)

Blizz Blues 57: Darnellify (WoW UI Mod)

Download this mod exclusively from our own WoWInterface.com!

The only things i have turned off right now are most of the combat warnings. Should work on a way to put a warning on cooldown per say, for all of us who like to button mash and don't need Darnell telling us 5 times in 1 second that ability isn't ready yet.

Otherwise, great mod!

I believe the author is working on an internal CD to make them less frequent for the next release. Thanks for the feedback, sir!

I'll mention this here too.

Mike, Strawberry Shortcake and Carebears are back too, might want to tell Darnell. What's the middle one he says there, something about a castle?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregasaurous View Post
    The only things i have turned off right now are most of the combat warnings. Should work on a way to put a warning on cooldown per say, for all of us who like to button mash and don't need Darnell telling us 5 times in 1 second that ability isn't ready yet.

Otherwise, great mod!
    In Darnellify v1.2, I've added a timer, like a cooldown. So if a sound has triggered, it won't trigger again until the timer is ready. Only about 1.5 seconds or something... but it is enough to reduce that spam feel for mashers.

Quote Originally Posted by Maziel View Post
    In Darnellify v1.2, I've added a timer, like a cooldown. So if a sound has triggered, it won't trigger again until the timer is ready. Only about 1.5 seconds or something... but it is enough to reduce that spam feel for mashers.
    Sweet!
    And i would also like to compliment you guys on the dialogue for reforging, it really lifts my spirits when i'm tinkering with my CTC.

Best addon ever, be sure to thank Darnell for me. Such a champion.
    Love your work and videos, MikeB.
    Thanks to Maziel for coding this little gem too.

What is the combat condition where Darnell says, 'DING!'? I couldn't find it in the options list.

Thanks guys.

Darnell singlehandedly rescuing Blizzard from declining subscribers since, '12.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Gregasaurous View Post
    Sweet!
    And i would also like to compliment you guys on the dialogue for reforging, it really lifts my spirits when i'm tinkering with my CTC.
    Darnell just knows what to say at the right moment, don't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Alkayder View Post
    Best addon ever, be sure to thank Darnell for me. Such a champion.
    Love your work and videos, MikeB.
    Thanks to Maziel for coding this little gem too.

What is the combat condition where Darnell says, 'DING!'? I couldn't find it in the options list.

Thanks guys.

Darnell singlehandedly rescuing Blizzard from declining subscribers since, '12.
    Welcome. Darnell will say 'Ding!' as one of his 'crits'. But there are six different crit sounds, all of them are random, and not every crit will sound, as that too is random.

A bit of history on Darnellify for those who are interested in the origins.

One night, day for me as I'm in Australia, I was watching Lore and MikeB levelling up a Panda in the MoP beta.

There was a discussion between Lore and Mike about how cool it would be if the toon spoke like Darnell for some of these things they do. Was a pretty funny night, some of you may remember the live stream and may have been part of the chatroom at the time.

So I contacted Fony about actually being able to pull this off and if he was interested.
    Of course, he was, so I began coding it.

MikeB always has a lot to do each week so we eventually put aside a night where he did up a ton of sound files for the initial version.

We had music and stuff in it too but due to copyrights, we decided to pull them and make Darnell sing the songs instead. That became version 1.1, the crit fix soon after made it 1.1b.

Have been working on 1.2, with a ton of other features. Requests are still welcome. Fony is off on holiday soon so we won't be able to get 1.2 out to you yet, unless you don't want sound files for the new options, which defeats the purpose of the mod. lol.

So that's about it.

thanks so much for making this, damn funny, shame it doesnt play the disco music when your on the disco lion, other than that, brilliant stuff, made an undead rogue just to use it with

I'm hoping MikeB can do a NegativePH remix of a disco type tune to go in to the next version for the Disco Lion.

We'll have to wait for him to get back from vacation and see how he feels.

That would be lovely, my priest rides that thing all the time.

+ Reply to Thread