+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Blizz Blues 57: Darnellify (WoW UI Mod)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    228

    Blizz Blues 57: Darnellify (WoW UI Mod)



    Download this mod exclusively from our own WoWInterface.com!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    568
    The only things i have turned off right now are most of the combat warnings. Should work on a way to put a warning on cooldown per say, for all of us who like to button mash and don't need Darnell telling us 5 times in 1 second that ability isn't ready yet.

    Otherwise, great mod!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    228
    I believe the author is working on an internal CD to make them less frequent for the next release. Thanks for the feedback, sir!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    105
    I'll mention this here too.

    Mike, Strawberry Shortcake and Carebears are back too, might want to tell Darnell. What's the middle one he says there, something about a castle?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregasaurous View Post
    The only things i have turned off right now are most of the combat warnings. Should work on a way to put a warning on cooldown per say, for all of us who like to button mash and don't need Darnell telling us 5 times in 1 second that ability isn't ready yet.

    Otherwise, great mod!
    In Darnellify v1.2, I've added a timer, like a cooldown. So if a sound has triggered, it won't trigger again until the timer is ready. Only about 1.5 seconds or something... but it is enough to reduce that spam feel for mashers.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by Maziel View Post
    In Darnellify v1.2, I've added a timer, like a cooldown. So if a sound has triggered, it won't trigger again until the timer is ready. Only about 1.5 seconds or something... but it is enough to reduce that spam feel for mashers.
    Sweet!
    And i would also like to compliment you guys on the dialogue for reforging, it really lifts my spirits when i'm tinkering with my CTC.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10
    Best addon ever, be sure to thank Darnell for me. Such a champion.
    Love your work and videos, MikeB.
    Thanks to Maziel for coding this little gem too.

    What is the combat condition where Darnell says, 'DING!'? I couldn't find it in the options list.

    Thanks guys.




    Darnell singlehandedly rescuing Blizzard from declining subscribers since, '12.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregasaurous View Post
    Sweet!
    And i would also like to compliment you guys on the dialogue for reforging, it really lifts my spirits when i'm tinkering with my CTC.
    Darnell just knows what to say at the right moment, don't he?


    Quote Originally Posted by Alkayder View Post
    Best addon ever, be sure to thank Darnell for me. Such a champion.
    Love your work and videos, MikeB.
    Thanks to Maziel for coding this little gem too.

    What is the combat condition where Darnell says, 'DING!'? I couldn't find it in the options list.

    Thanks guys.


    Darnell singlehandedly rescuing Blizzard from declining subscribers since, '12.
    Welcome. Darnell will say 'Ding!' as one of his 'crits'. But there are six different crit sounds, all of them are random, and not every crit will sound, as that too is random.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    39
    A bit of history on Darnellify for those who are interested in the origins.

    One night, day for me as I'm in Australia, I was watching Lore and MikeB levelling up a Panda in the MoP beta.

    There was a discussion between Lore and Mike about how cool it would be if the toon spoke like Darnell for some of these things they do. Was a pretty funny night, some of you may remember the live stream and may have been part of the chatroom at the time.

    So I contacted Fony about actually being able to pull this off and if he was interested.
    Of course, he was, so I began coding it.

    MikeB always has a lot to do each week so we eventually put aside a night where he did up a ton of sound files for the initial version.

    We had music and stuff in it too but due to copyrights, we decided to pull them and make Darnell sing the songs instead. That became version 1.1, the crit fix soon after made it 1.1b.

    Have been working on 1.2, with a ton of other features. Requests are still welcome. Fony is off on holiday soon so we won't be able to get 1.2 out to you yet, unless you don't want sound files for the new options, which defeats the purpose of the mod. lol.

    So that's about it.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    england
    Posts
    1
    thanks so much for making this, damn funny, shame it doesnt play the disco music when your on the disco lion, other than that, brilliant stuff, made an undead rogue just to use it with

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    39
    I'm hoping MikeB can do a NegativePH remix of a disco type tune to go in to the next version for the Disco Lion.

    We'll have to wait for him to get back from vacation and see how he feels.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    105
    That would be lovely, my priest rides that thing all the time.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts