+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior tank is puzzled o.O

Warrior tank is puzzled o.O

Hi guys i thought i would come on tankspot with my tanking difficulties instead of in game hope goes well here are my problems.

1. I am having trouble with my hit, many of the hc/rad bosses occasionally dodge or parry my hits i need to know what caps are for this and the % i need of them

2. Like wise i need to know the dodge/parry/stam values needed for ds10/ds10hc

Thanks all and hope to hear from some1 soon.

Many "Tanks" Melfor

1. I am having trouble with my hit, many of the hc/rad bosses occasionally dodge or parry my hits i need to know what caps are for this and the % i need of them
    Are you having problems keeping the attention of the boss?

2. Like wise i need to know the dodge/parry/stam values needed for ds10/ds10hc
    Warrior and Paladin tanks will have about 16% dodge/16% parry/65% block/200k life in ~390 gear, what changes when you move into heroic gear is that your health shoots up, avoidance and block chances will stay about the same.

Can you give us an Armory link to your character?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Melfor/simple here is my warrior

Not the attention just the rage is slow to start as the boss is dodging some attacks rarely

You only get 5 rage per second from auto attacks (white swings). None of your special (yellow) attacks produce rage. The main sources of ragefor protection warriors are from Damage Taken and Blocking. This means to be an effective Protection warrior you need exactly 0% hit, and 0 Expertise, more is certainly nice, but its not needed at all. The hit cap is 961 rating or 8%, the expertise soft cap is 26 which i believe is 781rating. If you reach either you're gearing wrong. If you need either to hold aggro you're playing wrong.

There really aren't many "tank killing" in Dragonsoul 10 normal that require you to have a certain stam threshhold. Ultraxions Hour of twilight requires you to eat a 300k magic attack, but @ the 20% nerf you'll need 166k health fully buffed with LS+Spellblock up to survive it. Deathwings Impale hits for 400K but again with the nerf you only need 200k fully buffed to survive it only using Last stand. Properly itemised, gemmed and enchanted, DS10 was tuned to be done in 378 gear. DS10HC is tuned to done in 391s, however both have since received a 20% nerf.

Gearing as a prot warrior is simple, Stack Mastery, keep dodge and parry ratings about equal. Once you manage to get yourself up to 102.4% combined Parry, dodge, Block, and Miss chance, then you can start going for stam. Your spec could use a little work: Shield Mastery is a MANDATORY talent, tale the points from Bloodcraze. you probably should ditch Gagorder, and finish off Deep Wounds. pick up incite, and take either Imp. Rev, or Thunderstruck. Glyph Revenge.

Also if you want more rage at the start swap out Glyph of Furious Sundering for Glyph of Berserker Rage. Then pop Berserker Rage right before the pull. Sure it is only 5 more rage but it is better than nothing. Glyph of Furious Sundering doesn't help that much because as protection warrior due to the fact that stacks of sunder are applied by devastate.

if you have a rogue or hunter that is doing tricks/misdirect to you then missing at the beginning shouldn't be anything more than an annoyance. The only thing that should really cause significant drain on your rage is heroic strike, so if you miss your opening shield slam or devastate, just make sure not to hit heroic strike and instead try to get in extra devastates/revenges/shield slams instead of dumping rage on heroic strike. Make sure (if you can) you use charge and put up your shout so that you have rage.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LhbcZZIfGzMRobbu <- that should be your base spec. There's 2 points floating, where you put those are kind of up in the air. If there' some fight where you need another cooldown for the other tank you could spec safeguard, but I never have used it. Vigilance is nice for the trash on ultraxion, but that's the only time I've ever really wanted it. I usually just spec 2 points into cruelty in the fury tree.

If you miss in the beginning you can also just taunt to make sure the boss focuses you for another 3 seconds and it gives you a few more globals to try and land some attacks without losing threat or spending more rage.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

i wanted to know if the people at tankspot can help me like your helping melfor out. My armory is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gemcduk/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    If you reach either you're gearing wrong. If you need either to hold aggro you're playing wrong.
    Well, on my pally I've been reforging into some hit, since I'm CTC capped even with switching out gems for more pure stam and stam/mastery. I've gotten hit up to about 4.5% and expertise to 23 and am still at about .57% over CTC. There does come a point with the gear where you start running out of survival stats to reforge in to.

True, but you don't need those threat DPS/stats to be a viable tank and a warrior needs 400 more mastery rating as a pally does to achieve approximately 60% CTC from block and we also don't have GoSoT to provide us the equivalent of 300 expertise rating.

@shield slammer the only things i'd shale up would be the Meta gem choice, Eternal shadowspirit is much better overall damage reduction than the austere once you reach a point where you cna be CTC capped with shield block up. I'd laso take Lava walker over Mastery on the boot enchant as runspeed generally is MUCH more useful. oh and get rid of the fury Glyphs.

+ Reply to Thread