+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot Pally - life past full ctc? Where to go now?

Prot Pally - life past full ctc? Where to go now?

Hi all,

So, I'm finding myself with 102.45% ctc and have started to juggle with the stats to tweak it even more (used to be >103% earlier). I got a few nice upgrades yesterday (gloves+legs) and now really need to make a decision on how to proceed.

Here are the premises I've been working from:
    * This is my tanking alt. (Healing in main raid)
    * Doing DS10 (though we're doing some hc there as well now) (and I'm not always in on the raid each week)
    * Sometimes tanking for friends in hc's.
    * Not really spending epic gems on this, with the exception of a few Puisant's
    * Get to full ctc (102.40%) by focusing on Mastery and keeping Dodge:Parry = 1:1 (or very close)

I'm now designing from the following:
    * Stay at 102.40 -- 102.50 on ctc
    * Increase Dodge & Parry as much as possible by dropping reforges (dodge->mastery or parry->mastery reverted to unforged).

What I'd like to know is:
    1) Should I keep going in this avoidance direction, or turn to the more stamina heavy route?
    2) If I go stamina, what would you suggest I change first?
    3) Is there anything I should change with my spec or glyphs? (I've been considering glyphing Divine Guardian mainly, what should I drop then?)

Here's a link to my armory
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Arrn/advanced

Thank you all for reading this,
    /Arrn

PS. Summary of key stats: Stamina 10242, Mastery 25.43, Dodge 17.58%, Parry 17.44%. Block 62.22%. Hp about 194k selfbuffed (kings).
    PS/2. I have about 1300VP on this to quickly buy the Ring of Torn Flesh, and I can get the VP Bracers via my main if necessary (but people indicated them as not being worth it, so I'd rather wait for the Zon'ozz drop).

Stamina. All the things that can kill you ignore avoidance, and generally speaking the stuff that can be avoided won't kill you.

Mastery on gems becomes stamina because it is easier to work with than avoidance. so yellow gems become green and green gems are converted into blue.

Ok!
    I added the reforge for the Brackenshell Shoulderplates (144 dodge -> mastery) and proceeded to replace 4-5 Fractured Amberjewels to Puissant Elven Peridot (on a select few) or Puissant Dream Emerald.

Still stayed above ctc, ended up at 102.51% now, with parry/dodge almost equal (17.11/17.35).

Summary of revised key stats: Stamina 10432, Mastery 25.70, Dodge 17.58%, Parry 17.44%. Block 62.84%. Hp about 196k selfbuffed (kings).

I guess that's what I can do at this time. Did you see anything that I should worry about with talents or glyphs?

Thanks again for your help!
    /Arrn

Remove the points from Seals of the Pure, Eternal glory, Eye for an Eye and Hallowed Ground. Remove 1 point from Reckoning. Put these points into Improved Judgement, Rule of Law, Crusade and Pursuit of Justice.

Prime:
    Glyph of Judgement --> Glyph of ShoR
    Glyph of HotR --> Crusader Strike/Word of Glory

Major:
    Dazing Shield --> Focused Shield

Seals of the Pure - do you mean Judgements of the Pure? I need 5 points in prot tier 1 and guess i should drop Eternal Glory only. With that change it all makes sense.

Will I not run into mana issues this way though?

Thanks,
    /Arrn

Yeah judgements of the pure. No you won't have any mana issues. Consecration is a total waste of a global cooldown anyway.

+ Reply to Thread