+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: looking for some CTC Guidance... Trouble with too much parry?

looking for some CTC Guidance... Trouble with too much parry?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodscalp/Riste/advanced

i
    know my gloves arent enchanted, just got them last night waiting on my friend to make me one up.

Am i headed in the right direction? seems like i have alot of parry and ive been trying to reforge it out to get parry/dodge closer.

any input is appreciated.

I'd be more concerned about the amount of stam your gemming. Even with a a mastery elixir and mastery food you're just shy of 600 mastery short of being unhittable yellow sockets should be fractured, blue sockets should be Puissant and red sockets should be fine. you should not be deviating from this until you're ctc capped. You're Meta gem should be the eternal not the austere. you can reforge your shoulders and weapon for more CTC, and Soulshifter vortex is junk for pallies; Pre CTC their are better chieces for getting capped (the VP one) and post CTC cap the proc is useless.

thats some good advice, i have been trying to follow Fetzies guide....

The VP trinket is on the list, i got Neck and back first. Ill try and go thru the gems...

Make sure you reforge to get the most CTC. This sometimes means reforging parry or dodge to mastery instead of hit of expertise. for example the Tier shoulders, the cloak, the gloves.

Get. A. Mastery. Trinket. ASAP. You are something like 700 mastery rating off CTC, and have stamina trinkets equipped. Heck, even the damn awful Spine trinket would be better than what you have right now.

Take another look at your glyphs too. Do you really use HotR to justify using that glyph over CS or WoG? How about the Focused Shield major glyph (second best threat glyph we have) or the Holy Wrath major that makes it stun 90% of mobs in Cataclysm?

I like the Aoe tanking abilities in HoT heroics, so thats why i havent used Focused shield, although i have never tried it either. I Use hammer alot in dungeons... I will try them to see how it works for me.
    My next Purchace will be Fire of the Deep Trinket for VP.... i will see what i can pick up for a mastery trinket in the interim...

I think you need to learn how to properly do the reforge, from there you will notice there wil be no problem. Anyway, warriors will always want to have more dodge than parry.

Of all parts of wisdom the practice is the best.
    John Tillotson

Quote Originally Posted by carlacurtis218 View Post

Anyway, warriors will always want to have more dodge than parry.

I think you've got that backwards there chief. Parry -> Hold the Line which makes Parry slightly better than dodge for warriors. Elsewise parry and dodge are identical.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

I think you need to learn how to properly do the reforge, from there you will notice there wil be no problem. Anyway, warriors will always want to have more dodge than parry.

It is the other way around because of Hold the Line. Regardless, the OP is a Paladin

Properly Reforge? Reforge to mastery first then Parry Dodge to keep them equal.. Right?

I am getting some more mastery gems to replace some of my stamina stuff, i am working on the Trinket, but i wont be able to get one untill Next week unless i get one from Raid Finder This weekend.

Yeah, maximise mastery, equalise parry and dodge ratings

Trinkets you are using are some of the worst in the game. Go get VP trink for now to replace Vortex asap and wait for Indom/Resolve to drop.
    Last edited by kopcap; 05-10-2012 at 09:48 PM.

I think the trinket issue has already been determined. Fire of the Deep will be my next purchase.

I call troll. Dead wrong and irrelevant to boot.

Anyway, I believe you have said you're working on the gemming, so we'll see how that turns out. Your reforging isn't quite perfect yet, if you have questions on that i'd be happy to give you a full list on what to do to each piece of gear. Little limited on time right now though so it'd have to wait till tomorrow.

id love to have some input on what to change as far as reforging... i thought i was doing it right...

Fetzie has a CTC Spreadsheet here: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...s-and-Warriors

You can use that to mess with values to get the highest CTC coverage possible. I can't do that atm b/c your armory currently shows you with a fishing pole equipped, but something along these lines will get you going in the right direction:

Helm - Gem: change to a 40 mastery or 50 mastery gem, 30 expertise is not a good socket bonus
    Shoulders - Gem: change the 20 parry 30 stam gem to a 40 mastery gem, 20 mastery+20 parry is less CTC than 40 mastery. Reforge expertise to mastery
    Chest - I know you dropped the $$ for epic gems here, but until you're full CTC, 40 mastery or 50 mastery gems will do you better
    Bracers - these should really be all +mastery gems until you're full CTC
    Ring - Queen's Boon - reforge parry to mastery
    Boots - again, 20 parry isn't a good socket bonus, go full mastery here
    Legs - same theme as far as gemming goes, until you're full CTC you really shouldn't worry about stam. I can see keeping the stam/mastery gems for the socket bonus and going with a 40 or 50 mastery gem in the yellow socket MAYBE, but min/max would dictate push CTC first.
    Belt - same deal, mastery gems

So really I guess only shoulders and the ring need to be reforged, everything else looks pretty good as far as reforging is concerned, but gemming can help you out a lot.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

As Fetzie pointed out some of the high avoidance and exp pieces like the Cloak you get more CTC coverage by reforging the avoidance stat to Mastery.

ok, i changed some things.....

reforged some and changed some gems. Im waiting on some lava coral for my red slots.

If Fetzie tells you otherwise then listen to him, but I never match red slots, the bonuses are never good enough. Put mastery gems in red slots. The bonus for a red slot needs to be like 30 mastery in order for it to be worth it, unless you're full CTC, then if it's a stam bonus it might be worth it.

much better, only 259 rating off now if you put in 2 mastery gems in those empty slots. If you can get the valor mastery trinket then you'll be over CTC and you can start looking at more stam.

Ok, im at 102.7 now with Might and Food, without my Gavel... Which is nice so now i get to use my Souldrinker.

Any Input now? I kept my Stamina Trinkets for now, i did a few other upgrades first.

Finally got my 4 set.

Weapon Enchant, Now that i am CTC at my CTC level i need to be, should i put Mending on my Sword?

+ Reply to Thread