+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Legendary - Crazy 88

Legendary - Crazy 88

Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Bring back Mike

Gotta say that if I ever stop watching Legendary I will blame Gary for his 31337!# trolling of his own show. Bring Mike back.

I wish you guys had given that last question a little more thought and time. If I'm not mistaken one of the major downfalls of Rift was that there was one DPS cookie cutter build that far surpassed all others. Right now on SWTOR, it's all cookie cutter builds. I think other MMO's will turn to a solution similar to blizzards simply because nobody is impressed anymore with the: "Every level you have to click open your talent tree and then click one of the little boxes to add a talent point. Oh but by the way, there's not really a choice since if you do something other than waht the cookie cutter says you're bad."

And also, I agree with Schoaf. I miss Mike S. I really wouldn't mind if you just brought him on as a permanent host and made it a 4 man show. But then it would be tricky to fit Skippy in now and then.
    Last edited by Gregasaurous; 05-07-2012 at 02:56 AM.

So, in the first 25 mins of the show, we got maybe 10 mins of actual talking about the game.

Brady Bunch screen ftw.

The 'technical difficulties' part of the show as kinda lame but its a free live show, what do you expect?

If they had been 4 this show it wouldn't have been so bad that one wasn't mentally present. Below the usual standard. Let's hope it gets better next show.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregasaurous View Post
    I wish you guys had given that last question a little more thought and time. If I'm not mistaken one of the major downfalls of Rift was that there was one DPS cookie cutter build that far surpassed all others. Right now on SWTOR, it's all cookie cutter builds. I think other MMO's will turn to a solution similar to blizzards simply because nobody is impressed anymore with the: "Every level you have to click open your talent tree and then click one of the little boxes to add a talent point. Oh but by the way, there's not really a choice since if you do something other than waht the cookie cutter says you're bad."

And also, I agree with Schoaf. I miss Mike S. I really wouldn't mind if you just brought him on as a permanent host and made it a 4 man show. But then it would be tricky to fit Skippy in now and then.
    Yup, yup and yup. There is people who believes in the "freedom of choice" (that bashiok just bashed on diablo forums a month ago), but many of us think the way you said. But Blizzard is 7 years in this market and I feel that it will take a lot of time to other developers to get the same feeling from their playerbase.

Gary in fun but and all but ... well I think is a matter of taste.

Yeah the last question would be addressing Ghostcrawler's earlier dev watercooler about talent trees, where he said the talent is 'fundamentally flawed and broken' that was bound to be doomed. I agree with him in that sense (will have to see how the new talents work out fully, but its a better system in my opinion).

Because other MMOs use a talent tree model that works like wow's current model, I think it would have been a good question to answer in depth. (Maybe the question was not too clear?)

Quote Originally Posted by BLSTMASTER View Post
    Yeah the last question would be addressing Ghostcrawler's earlier dev watercooler about talent trees, where he said the talent is 'fundamentally flawed and broken' that was bound to be doomed. I agree with him in that sense (will have to see how the new talents work out fully, but its a better system in my opinion).

Because other MMOs use a talent tree model that works like wow's current model, I think it would have been a good question to answer in depth. (Maybe the question was not too clear?)
    I suppose the thing to do now would be to send it in for PST huh?

I suppose the thing to do now would be to send it in for PST huh?
    ^

PST I'm able to just sit back and ramble indepth about stuff. Questions on Legendary aren't usually intended as discussion pieces.

Somebody, anybody, please fire Gary Gannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deandia View Post
    Somebody, anybody, please fire Gary Gannon.
    Boss, you are fired

I have never understood why people get all bent about blizz "hand holding" players, listing help and suggestions in tool tips or what not. Face it if a player cares even a little about playing they will just go to a web site that has all that information, spec, rotation, gear, gems and enchants, and they will do what they're told to do. So really what does it matter if blizz puts that information in game as long as its correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    ^

PST I'm able to just sit back and ramble indepth about stuff. Questions on Legendary aren't usually intended as discussion pieces.
    I hereby submit my formal protest of viewer questions for the sake of public relations.

I don't see any problem with so called "hand-holding" as long as its not in my face or I have the option to turn it off (ie. beginner tooltips). I will always try to play to the best of my abilities and use 3rd party sites to increase my knowledge. I see no problem with having newbie players being able to at least keep up with me until they learn on their own

I hereby submit my formal protest of viewer questions for the sake of public relations.
    Not really a PR thing, though it's certainly nice to give people an opportunity for a semi-shout out on the show. It's more we just want to keep them simple on Legendary. There's been plenty of times that we've jumped into big discussions based on a viewer question in the past, it's just not all the time and not really the goal.

^^ ahhhh, gotcha ^^

I can't wait to pit my Argent Gruntling against another Gruntling in Pet Battles, child on child pit-fighting at its best!

Seriously, think about it.

SJ

+ Reply to Thread