YOGS is one of the longest-established European guilds in WoW, formed back in 2005 on The Venture Co server (we now reside on Defias Brotherhood). Since our inception we've managed to raid successfully while maintaining a relaxed attitude to the game, thoroughly annoying legions of "serious" players along the way. We believe in spending our time in-game wisely and making excellent progress with a laid-back schedule. If you think you're the kind of raider who can play smart rather than play hard, you'll probably fit in well in YOGS. Here's some of what we have to offer:
- Raiding 10-man hardmodes on 3 nights/week.
- Casual raiding with alts or retro raids.
- A lot of people who participate in arenas in all brackets and a healthy amount of other types of PvP.
- A large community with a lively guild chat and forum.
If you'd like to see what YOGS is like in more detail, browse our forums or have a look at our About page.
We were ranked 1st on our realm and 200-500th in the world for much of Wrath of the Lich King with multiple realm firsts and early kills on bosses in Ulduar and Trial of the Crusader. Towards the end of the expansion we decided to take a break from raiding and not push for Lich King heroic.
After a strong start to the Cataclysm expansion, we ran into some recruitment problems that convinced us to transfer to the higher-population realm of Defias Brotherhood, where we cleared all bosses within the Dragon Soul raid on Heroic difficulty, ultimately finishing 1682nd in the world and 912th in Europe.
We're now looking to recruit some fresh raiders to join us in the effort to attain an even higher world ranking for the upcoming Mists of Pandaria patch, while also maintaining our 3 days/week schedule!
During progression we'll typically raid Wednesday/Thursday/Sunday from 20:00 to 00:00 CET. During farm periods we aim to clear the content in one night, with additional days scheduled if they are necessary.
Current Dragon Soul Progression: 8/8 Heroic.
What we're looking for:
- Players who are in it for the long haul. We consider ourselves a guild for life. Most of our raiding core has been around since TBC if not longer, and many ex-raiders have remained in the guild as social members. We want members who will fit in with the guild's atmosphere and will stay with us well into the future.
- Players who don't suck. This goes beyond just not standing in fire - you need to be well versed in your class's strengths and weaknesses and able to get to grips with new encounters at the same speed as the rest of the raid. We won't hold your hand.
- Players with a thick skin and a sense of humour. If you have a tendency to create drama, get upset over loot or take offence easily, you need not apply. If you screw up, expect to be called out about it - usually with an insult to your nationality/playing ability/intellectual capacity attached. This isn't vindictive, you just need to be able to roll with it and not be overly sensitive.
In particular, we are currently recruiting the following classes:
Applicants are encouraged to have raiding experience with one or more offspecs if possible (particularly DPS/Healer or DPS/Tank combinations). Showing that you have a fully rounded knowledge of your class will greatly help your application.
Exceptional players are encouraged to apply regardless of our current class requirements.
How do I apply?
Quite simple really - fill out an application using the template and post it in our recruitment forum here. This will be reviewed and commented on by members and either accepted or denied. If you'd like to make a private application, PM it to one of our officers (see below).
If you would like more information prior to making an application, have a look at our About and Joining pages, or feel free to contact one of the following in-game or through our forum's PM system: