+ Reply to Thread

Thread: H Yorsahj...I'm sure there's plenty wrong...

H Yorsahj...I'm sure there's plenty wrong...

Wondering if someone would be so kind as to check last night's logs and let me know if they see any glaring problem.

The healers seemed to get the purple ooze under control easily, but we ran into issues if we had red, blue, black where we'd kill the adds and try to get the void. People are dying though because the healers are oom. We've spent a few nights on this, and I don't have much experience with WOL, I used to log using another website years ago.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0lhv0zuz2vrys4z3/

We had a total of 13 attempts and I believe our best try was 58%, I think we got really lucky on ooze combinations though.

Usually I tank but for this fight my dps was needed more, and our DK's gear was decent enough to make him more desirable anyway (and his dps sucks).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

We found that it helped a ton to make sure we killed the black adds quickly, it was way less raid damage. Some strats say to just cleave them and worry more about boss damage, but the enrage was never a problem for us it was always too much raid damage.

Blue phases: How my guild does them.
    First blue comes along, we ignore it entirely. Once it sucks mana we bust all mana CD's and then just sit tight. Inbetween phases when oozes are incoming, tank goes and brings the void below 50% health (maybe with the help of a melee DPS, depending on how easily you bring a ooze down). Don't burn it more than this, if it wanders into AOE range while you're burning black adds you don't want it dying prematurely. Then once you get another blue ooze (idealy with a black) everybody stays stacked on the boss and a DK Deathgrips the void in and it just gets AOE nuked with everything else.

Why is your Mage arcane? Unless he just really really really hates being fire more than he likes doing good DPS, he should go fire. For this fight especially. Arcane is good for burst Nuking things, but it's AOE is pitiful on the point of nonexistent. And AOE padding will own the meters on this fight. And if I'm not mistaken Fire is doing significantly better numbers all across the board... so yeah, consider having a talk with him.

Your DK Tank....... i have several bones to pick with him.... But I'll stick to the one that i took time to check his Battle.net for. Disease uptime. With 2/3 epedimic, in Blood Spec, your diseases last exactly as long as the Cooldown of outbreak. He is 3/3 epedimic, meaning outbreak is off CD for 4 seconds while he still has diseases ticking, which gives him a little wiggle room. This isn't terribly bad. What is bad is that the logs i looked at says he has a 70% disease uptime. He needs to Outbreak on CD and use Pestilance to help with AOE.

Thanks Greg, those are some changes we can easily make. I appreciate you taking the time. So you can really deathgrip the fucking mana void? I feel like an idiot for that one...

EDIT: One more question right now, is there ever a need for holy priests in DS? I feel like this cat could be putting out much more benefit if he was disc like the other.
    Last edited by Dreadski; 04-28-2012 at 10:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    Thanks Greg, those are some changes we can easily make. I appreciate you taking the time. So you can really deathgrip the fucking mana void? I feel like an idiot for that one...

EDIT: One more question right now, is there ever a need for holy priests in DS? I feel like this cat could be putting out much more benefit if he was disc like the other.
    Holy Priests are very useful. I do love me some light-well, for example. (maybe not useful for the tank directly, but it gives the DPS a external, and the healer more time for ME) Beside the point, 2 disc priests in a 10 man raid causes problems. Now i'm no expert on Disc priests, but we ran with 2 of them in T11 so i heard plenty of ranting. Basically, their bubbles don't stack with each-other, and their bubbles (idk which one) have to do with their maintained mana regen. So it causes problems in a 10man. It could be another reason, i could be wrong, i'm not 100% sure. You'd have to ask a disc priest for a complete mechanical answer.

Holy Priest Divine Hymn is also totally godmode, it crits for 50k on up to 5 targets every 2 seconds, on top of increasing healing taken by 10% for 10 seconds, with a 3 minute cooldown. I like to nickname it "the button that puts me at the top of the healing done meter", last Madness LFR I did over 2 million healing with Divine Hymn alone (3 casts).

Two disc priests in 10 man is hard to work with. Every time a priest uses Holy Word: Shield, the target gets the debuff, Weakened Soul. Weakened Soul prevents the target from being the target of another HW:Shield until it is gone. That causes a lot of issues with 2 discs "fighting" over getting their shields up. The mana issue is due to the talent Rapture. When a shield is completely used or times out, it returns a portion of the mana used. There is an internal cd on how often that can happen. With two discs, likely one of them is all but abandoning HW: Shield due to the Weakened Soul conflicts which means they are not getting Rapture procs.

Looking at your group comp for your best attempt (#13 4:59) your group comp should be fine for Yor'sahj, it's just a matter of execution. With just a survival hunter and arms warrior you have enough snap AOE to kill the adds from black ooze rather easily (assuming they know how to AOE effectively).

Making sure you take the easiest of the combinations presented to you is the key to this fight. Generally you'll be killing either green, yellow, or purple, depending on what else comes with them. Blue, Black, and Red should always be left alone. Some key tips to remember;

- When you get Red+Black+Yellow, Healers will need to rotate raid cooldowns, and if you get it twice in a row, use Lust on the 2nd one.

- If Yellow and Purple come together, you will always want to kill one of them, and it's usually Yellow.

- Your DK Tank should be using AMS on his 3rd stack of the shadow damage debuff, and then using the trinket Mirror of Broken Images (Tol Barad Trinket) when he gets to 5. It reduces the DoT the boss puts on him by almost half, and it's up every time.

- For the blue orbs, ignore the first one and have a priest use Hymn of Hope. Have the dps cleave it if they can or designate one ranged to get it down to around 25% hp before the next phase. When you get another blue phase, have the DK Death grip the old, 25% hp Orb to the middle and have the dps focus it down to get instant mana, then lower the new orb to 25%.

- If the adds are still causing problems in black phases, have your AOE'rs use their valor trinkets and pop them right before using Bladestorm/Explosive Trap + Multi Shots (etc. etc. for other classes)
    Hunters never die, they just choose to commit suicide. Often.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd13Mac View Post
    Blue, Black, and Red should always be left alone.
    On Black, Blue, Green, and Purple we kill Black because on 10 man the Green, Blue, and Purple phase is the easiest possible combination. Why deal with extra adds when you can simply heal through the whack-a-mole green phase. Also since there are no adds at all this is a great time for Heroism/Bloodlust/Time Warp.

Dealing with the ever annoying Red, Yellow, and Black phase largely comes down to your compensation towards cleaning up the second set of adds. You can deal with the Red, Yellow, and Black phase just fine typically however where it becomes messy is always in the next phase if any adds are left alive. The key is cleanup of the adds, so that you don't have the added damage of the phase prior overlapping with the period in time when your healers may be mana drained and unable to heal. Generally you want to use a single raid cooldown for the first set of adds, the reason is because shortly after summoning the second set of adds he will go into transition and you aren't really taking additional damage during this time, rather you're still taking damage where on other phases you wouldn't be. Healers should be able to cope with the end of the phase without a cooldown. Try to coincide your raid cooldown with the time the first set of adds starts dealing damage to the raid. In order to deal with the second set of adds, generally speaking a raid working on their earlier kills will need to shift DPS that typically stays on the boss or deals with the mana void that may have been left up to either the cleaning up the second set of adds or helping with the ooze so that someone generally assigned to dealing with the ooze can clean up the adds. For example, I am typically on the ooze as a Balance Druid and our Rogue stays on the boss. After a Red, Yellow, and Black phase however the Rogue helps kills the ooze while I help clean up all the remaining adds so they are dead before the start of the next phase. Adds staying alive into the next phase is generally the biggest issue in this encounter because they can easily kill someone in the few seconds healers may be out of mana and unable to heal.
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 05-14-2012 at 08:26 AM.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    On Black, Blue, Green, and Purple we kill Black because on 10 man the Green, Blue, and Purple phase is the easiest possible combination. Why deal with extra adds when you can simply heal through the whack-a-mole green phase. Also since there are no adds at all this is a great time for Heroism/Bloodlust/Time Warp.
    My guild NEVER takes green lol. We found that hardly anything beats being able to stack 100% of the time. That and Black (if your raid comp doesn't suck, no offense to anybody) should be the easiest thing in the world. Granted, a yellow/black can get a tad on the annoying side.

We found that during the phase you are having trouble with. We save a purple orb, dps it to 30%. This way when the phase hits we then death grip the orb at 30% in and kill it to fuel our healers. By the time the phase is over the other orb is ready to pop.

+ Reply to Thread