+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BFF Report - TERA Online

BFF Report - TERA Online

Loved this BFF Report. Just loved it. Finally, someone calls it down the middle and nails everything that a curious player 'should' know about the game.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Totally agree w the Island rant, it really felt like Flyff... herd up mobs and AoE them down, then kill 10 more. (and the loot scatters about in those same little boxes, too.) Sometimes even compete with people to tag limited spawns, oh joy.

The archer class is easy to play, but the supposed drawback is that the damage doesn't keep up with the heavy hitters in PVE - not that there's any real dps checks, yet. I tried Archer and Slayer (wave greatsword; collect boredom), before rerolling Warrior - OH MY GOD is Warrior fun. It's like Monster Hunter (or so I've heard, PSO) when you're on a BAM, and it really makes the 'action combat' part of the game stand out. (Much more than it did in what little GW2 I've played so far, but I'm a Mesmer fan and therefore somewhat (very) cranky.)

The player-collision implementation may be great for PVP (lancer picket lines?) but in PVE it puts a serious limit on party size in tight spaces. Or you'll have to demand more ranged dps classes, because with a war, slayer and zerker all trying to hit a boss, somebody is gonna get bodyblocked into a death. I can't imagine any larger PVE scenarios without it going total shitfest. It's easier to solo some BAMs than bother with other people, as well. (It's even more fun to pull BAMs into each other and watch the mayhem.)

Funny thing is, despite the inspired (if ludicrously scantily-clad) art direction and combat that makes me hate tab-target games (I can't even play them anymore it's just too dull!) there's a good count of frustrations - I can see why it would be so polarizing.

Glad to hear somebody like MikeB mention almost every opinion I have about Tera. Honestly, after Aion I don't think I will ever play another Korean MMO but I'm sure lots of ChoMos will play this game lol.

Mike made angelina jolie

Quote Originally Posted by ubersmurf View Post
    Totally agree w the Island rant, it really felt like Flyff... herd up mobs and AoE them down, then kill 10 more. (and the loot scatters about in those same little boxes, too.)
    Holy crap. I can't look at Tera the same way again.

Yeah, that's basically how I felt about the start of the game. First beta I've been in, just wanted to try it out for the combat. I played a slayer, which maybe wasn't the way to go? The thing that bothered me the most about the game (besides the questing, which I may have been willing to overlook) was the ability delay. For a game pushing action combat, it felt very sluggish. 3 seconds to hit someone with my sword... really? I guess if you want to call mouse clicking actiony. I must admit, being a badger was good times though.

Maybe if there wasn't a sub, I might put some time into the game, but with so many great free to play/no sub games around (LoL, GW2 and D3 soon), it makes it hard to want to commit $15 per month to anything. If GW2 lives up to the hype, I wonder if sub games that aren't amazing will be able to survive much longer.

archer is op atm. The game is really cool imo. havent got bored yet. Can you really say in any mmo that lvling is fun. Its not!!!!! its just part of the game. I'm liking the glyph talent system, not sure yet if theres a duel spec yet. As a priest i glyph for healing for dungeons then respec dps for questing. The chain abilities are nice yet i feel like there a little limited. On a pve server you dont have to worry about being ganked. LvL 30+ the BAMs are 1 shotting my priest, sorta funny but pretty cool as a healer you cant just stand in one spot and heal. actually have to do something. The games fun so far and i strongly recomend it just to try out a new play style. Graphics and the art in that game are sweet, i really dont care if its night/day rain or shine.

+ Reply to Thread