+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Legendary 73: The Wait Is Over

Legendary 73: The Wait Is Over

I got my MoP Beta invite but I am not going to play it, at least not right now. I will probably wait until the beta is more developed.

One thing about the beta, my girlfriend got her email the day after we found out the beta was added to her account. I read that 400,000 aka the last of the invites went out and she still hadn't gotten it, so I went and logged into her account, and there it was. Odd. So don't just check your email people, check your wow account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

If they are reducing the number of abilities I'm happy about that. I don't mind the complexity at all but at some point it just becomes more a function of manual dexterity than the ability to properly coordinate your abilities. WIth as fast as you have to respond in WoW you can only rely on muscle memory for most functions and (especially for us old people) there is a limit to how many keys/key combos you are going to be able to commit to muscle memory to the point of never missing. I have some things (interrupt mostly) that I macro to a couple of nearby keys (both R and T e.g.) in case I miss and hit the wrong one. I had worried that MOP was going to add yet more buttons to press but if they are going to trim it down thats even better.

Quote Originally Posted by tawnos View Post
    If they are reducing the number of abilities I'm happy about that. I don't mind the complexity at all but at some point it just becomes more a function of manual dexterity than the ability to properly coordinate your abilities. WIth as fast as you have to respond in WoW you can only rely on muscle memory for most functions and (especially for us old people) there is a limit to how many keys/key combos you are going to be able to commit to muscle memory to the point of never missing. I have some things (interrupt mostly) that I macro to a couple of nearby keys (both R and T e.g.) in case I miss and hit the wrong one. I had worried that MOP was going to add yet more buttons to press but if they are going to trim it down thats even better.
    That is unless you are a priest, every talent row adds a new spell to the bar, unless you can safely remove it because it sucks (which it would be sad). Bad design FTW

some of the early beta invites might be people who have done good beta debugging for them in the past........a large majority of the Beta goers are just sight seeing for the most part and not really the "finishers" that they are looking for. I agree that they are load testing the server setups too..... I figure that about 20% or so player actually do the poking around to learn rotations and what areas are expansion packs etc. The rest of the players are just hack and slashing their way thru the content not worried about lore or much of the rest of the details........ Like any group of people you can divide it into 10% groups. 10% that PVP, 10% that raid, 10% BG, 10% that AH PVP, or gather/craft exclusively. The remaining 60% just kind of monkey around with everything in their spare time...........

what are the odds of you all adding the time stamp thingies per issue on each Legendary post, a la PST? I ask not because I want to skip any parts of Legendary, but because Flash sucks and crashes all the goddamn time (and I'm usually listening rather than watching) so I have to figure out where the hell I left off when it pops back up. thanks!

+ Reply to Thread