+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning to the World Where Warcraft is Supreme

Returning to the World Where Warcraft is Supreme

Hey guys,

After thinking about it, I have decided to come back to World of Warcraft, and have decided to get myself a new computer as well. I also created myself a new account because I want to start over. I left World of Warcraft after the first month or so of Cataclysm. I have to redownload the game and game client, and I bought the game before and I have the authentication keys for Burning Crusade, and Cataclysm. But unfortunately I am unable to find the authentication keys for Wrath of the Lich King, and original World of Warcraft (not sure if you need one for the original or not). What should I do? Becuase I rather not have to buy an exspansion set that I already bought once. I would appriciate any help, and advice for past players of World of Warcraft who are coming back to play.

Thanks!

EternitysKiss

If you made yourself a new account you will need to re-buy wrath and cataclysm (i think tbc is now included in the basic license). You can only use an authentication key once. You may be able to make use of the recruit a friend or scroll of resurrection schemes, for more information, click here for scroll of resurrection and here for Recruit a Friend.

Oh, ok. I will make that sacrifice then, because this time around I actually wanna pay attention to the story line of the game. Thanks for the information. Now i just need to decide if I want to be alliance or horde. xD

Why are you starting with a new account? If theres people you want want to talk to or know youre back, you can just realm/name change/delete realid.

I just came back, I decided not to be resurrected, because my friends play on Drak'tharon, which is not a great server, and I didn't want to be a huntard, but i wanted to be a hunter, so i figure playing from 1 up would be better than starting at 80.

So i emailed blizz and had them delete my old account.

I purchased the digital battle chest 19.99 from the blizzard store, and then did the digital upgrade, if you do both at once you get 28% off, so it was wrath and cataclysm for 53 bucks.

I have been loving it, I stopped right after the launch of wrath, and I am excited to see the shortcut end game experience from cata and move into MOP.

So from a new returner.
    Welcome back!

T13 blows, wait to come back until MoP releases, imo. =P

I tried to come back because MoP interests me... I lasted about 3 weeks before I was just like, "screw it, dragonsoul is so awful I jiust can't put myself through this until MoP comes back."
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    T13 blows, wait to come back until MoP releases, imo. =P

I tried to come back because MoP interests me... I lasted about 3 weeks before I was just like, "screw it, dragonsoul is so awful I jiust can't put myself through this until MoP comes back."
    Yeah, my guild just decided that it's not worth the bother of clearing dragon soul anymore...it's not fun, we always get the exact same drops and it's not like those drops even matter since we'll get quest greens that have 2x the stats on them as soon as mop starts and they have repeatedly said they're not doing a Hallion instance for cata.

Strangely, these are not the first people I've heard of doing this.

- Several of my old guildmates moved to an RP server and started a new guild there and have "started fresh", so to speak
    - Another one, which was a shocker because he was one of the top priests and tanks on my server, jumped to another server with friends, started a new guild and they all started with fresh level one's.

I can understand the appeal in the sense that, if you're at end-game right now, you're running a lackluster raid repetitiously. Plus, many of the changes from Cata were to "old world" content. If you played at max level the whole time, you didn't experience a large portion of what was offered up. I fiddled around with alts a bit, but I didn't take the time to really enjoy any changes (exception: Darkshore.... there's a couple neat little things in store for lore buffs in there).

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion View Post
    Yeah, my guild just decided that it's not worth the bother of clearing dragon soul anymore...it's not fun, we always get the exact same drops and it's not like those drops even matter since we'll get quest greens that have 2x the stats on them as soon as mop starts and they have repeatedly said they're not doing a Hallion instance for cata.
    Just had to jump on this....
    Another reason why they still should have done a "stat squish". All the stuff everyone has spent so much time working on getting..... meaningless when MoP hits. This is another influencing factor for some people to NOT come back until MoP.
    Last edited by Leucifer; 04-26-2012 at 11:38 AM.
    No one tanks in a void.........

+ Reply to Thread