+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BFF Report - Legend of Grimrock

BFF Report - Legend of Grimrock

Probably worth mentioning that there is a food meter in this game and if it drains, you can't regain health and such when resting. Compared with games like Dungeon Master, where there was also thirst, food seems to be far more liberal.

A key to increasing your survival in real time blob games is "dodging" enemy attacks. Or rather moving before they swing. Anvil of Dawn is a similar style game, with one party member, where avoiding attacks is necessary otherwise you will run out of resources. I haven't got far with Grimrock yet but this may be required later.

Was a good idea on your part to explain these type of games. Although it makes me feel old thinking that it needs to be explained these days.
    "Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous." - T. P.

shit your pants in stages, lol'd so hard !

One of my first video games as a child and probably the reason I ended up liking any rpg.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wizardr...e_Mad_Overlord

Played on a mac se alongside dark castle, deja vu, f-16 fighting falcon and a few other titles. Good memories and it influenced me to learn programming languages and how to code dungeon areas in text based muds on the early internet. User generated content is the way to go imho 8)

Aye, reminds me of Bard's Tale a bit...which was one of the first games that I really got into. That series and Wasteland (which was also, at its heart, a dungeon crawler...and which is now actually getting a real sequel (its kickstarter page)) really got me into playing video games...this is available on Steam, you say? I'll have to check it out...$15 seems a small enough price...

Been a long time since I played a dungeon crawler like that. This was the last one I played:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T5j44PUu7c

Dungeon Master on the Atari ST/FM was the one that kept my and my friends glued to the screen for hours and hours!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3UdUWU4j1Y

This game is really entertaining with the dungeon crawl game with great atmosphere, puzzles, combat and RPG elements.
    Of all parts of wisdom the practice is the best.
    John Tillotson

Love the show Mike.

I just gotta find this game.

It will give me something to do during WoW downtimes...oh wait, I sleep during WoW downtimes.

So yeah...this game is exceptionally fun in the way of dungeon crawlers. Thanks for turning me on to it...definitely entertaining and definitely more difficult than I expected.

I am on the fence about this game (having just finished a backlog of my 360 games). The one thing that is close to pushing me over the edge is the option to turn off mapping ... I had NOTEBOOKS of maps for old games I back in the day, and it is not that most games have maps now, it is that THERE IS NO POINT to drawing maps anymore, my dad and I played myst for an hour or 2 every night until we beat it, I remember another game we used to play called gateway (it was a text based game). Those types of games just wouldn't do well anymore but this seems like the next best thing.

+ Reply to Thread