+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior tank DPS problem

Warrior tank DPS problem

I recently started tanking DS normal regularly on my warrior(if not recently in the near future) and in the guild group we were attempting heroic Ultraxion. All the dps were all 35k+ and the other tank(Pally) was on just over 18k, however i was sitting below the pack on around 8-10k dps. Can anyone help me maximise my warriors dps in the current gear he has http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...enessey/simple.

Would like to get it up a little before i raid next.

IM also kinda noob with shortening abilities/CD's names.

Thankyou for any and all help in advance

Your spec is wrong for max dps you want a 8/2/31 spec with war academy, deep wounds, cruelty and moving the points from impending victory/gag order/thunderstruck into incite & shield specialization.

For ultraxion keep up shieldblock near 100% of the time and focus on using shieldslam every 6 secs (should have 10 shieldslams a minute if you look at logs) and using inner rage+heroic strike almost constantly. Make sure to track fading light so you can see it clearly and use the button at ~1 sec left for maximum uptime on the boss. Should be able to do 20k dps that way can even go higher with weaving CS and some dps gear but that isn't needed.

Awesome i will try it on LFr a few times. But what is CS? : /

I am not a big fan of Cruelty, it's good for Ultraxion because of the 100% shield block up time but otherwise there are other talents that a much better. For max single target DPS you really want:
    - War Academy, drop Blitz
    - Deep Wounds as Bigbad said
    - Drop both Blood Crazy and Battle Trance
    - Incite, Heroic Strike is going to be one of your top DPS abilities
    - You need 2 or 3 points in Shield Specialization, otherwise you can't spam HS
    - Drop Gag Order, it's nice for some trash but you get use to not having it
    - Drop Impending Victory
    - Many HM fights Safeguard very nice, you might want to try to pick it up

For Ultraxion specifically if you want max DPS, first make sure you have 8% hit and 6.5% exp, trinkets and hit/exp tank pieces are good for this, doing this should easily get you in the 18-22k range. Next use T12 2 piece, then if your healers can handle it add in some DPS gear.

Also keep Last Stand on CD so Souldrinker procs for the highest amount, pre-pot with a Strength pot, Pot later on again.

Well i changed his spec to a 8/0/33, cos i wanted blood and thunder to refresh my rend, after looking around it seems to do more dps.
    With the downside being i lose the crit from sheild slam, but thunderclap and sheild slam(on cd) should make up for some if not most of it

Don't forget, this fight also makes vengence shine. The tank getting hit in the face will do more damage. On normal, one tank can have him most of the fight and his damage will be higher. Add in getting rage starved for a warrior if the other tank has aggro the majority of the time and it can lead to a severe drop in a warrior's normal damage.

Thunderclap on CD is a bad idea unless you have quite a few mobs to hit. Also Thunderstruck is a good talent if your Rending single targets. Much better for DPS than Imp. Revenge

P0int for point from a pure DPS stand point the lowest DPS talents are

1. Imp. Revenge (don't use revenge if you drop this)
    2. Blood and thunder (don't use Rend)
    3. Hold the Line
    3. Thunderstruck (needs BnT)
    4. Cruelty

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LG0cZ0bZIfGzRoodbu: - Highest SINGLE target DPS spec.

IF you really want to use the prot 2pc you drop THunderstruck and pick up Imp Rev.

CS=colossus smash but this requires some stancedancing and isn't really needed, focus on getting the basics down first

+ Reply to Thread