+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Story After Hellscream

The Story After Hellscream

So, I got to thinking where does the story go after the fall of Garrosh? Assuming that the Org raid ends Garrosh's time as Warchief or causes him to lose whatever corruption is causing him to be a sociopath, the remaining rulers are all pretty passive palyers (sans Sylvanas).

Varian's son is pretty much of a wuss; there's no way that kid is going to pursue anything but peace with the Horde, he's basically a male version of Jania. Varian, who's character is to be expanded a bit in MoP, is a warrior, but he's also calculating and pretty level headed most of time, he's not going to press the war between horde and alliance, he seems more of a defensive type.

In Org once Hellscream is out, who takes over? Thrall's kid? Thrall can't take over because he's "the" Aspect now and really should not be getting directly involved in affairs of the races. There's no orc to take Hellscreams place; and I can't see the horde following a troll, undead or cow leader.

Unless they develop Jania into a blood thirsty mage who's out to wipe the horde from Azeroth, there aren't real antagonists on either side? Except maybe Sylvanas - but then do they want to do another "everybody against this horde character" story.

I really think that Sylvanas would have been the better one to have everyone rally against over an orc - she always comes across as wanting to wipe out everyone and everything.

Do we enter into an era of detente after a time of total war?

Seems like they need to develop more and newer characters to advance the story; more than just the Pandarians.

My guess is the story shifts back to the Burning Legion. It would be great to get some more Sargeras story back in the game. TONS there we haven't covered.

Vol'jin will likely take over after Garrosh in my opinion. Seems to me they've been setting Vol'jin up for that job since the revamp of the troll starting area.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

Also, if you want an orc to take over, there's still Eitrigg and Saurfang. Hell, you could even get a Mok'nathal like Rexxar to do it.

Really, though, I don't see why the Horde wouldn't follow a troll. The orcs will have just been chastised in Orgrimmar itself, and therefore will no longer be the ascendant power of the Horde, and the other races aren't likely to want to follow up one orc with another. There's no reason why they wouldn't want to change it up and follow a troll, especially if that troll was the leader of the army that took back Orgrimmar and killed the Tyrant.

Sylvanas for warchief 2013
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Well Metzen made the comment that the foundation of the story (I paraphrase) are orcs and humans, the other races are important, but Warcraft grew from orc v. human - so that's why I see an orc as needing to be Warchief; just as I don't think the de facto head of the alliance could be a dwarf or nelf or space goat it has to be a human.

Surfang would be a good choice, but he's a bit old; unless he were, say, a regent until Thrall's kid comes of age.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    Well Metzen made the comment that the foundation of the story (I paraphrase) are orcs and humans, the other races are important, but Warcraft grew from orc v. human - so that's why I see an orc as needing to be Warchief; just as I don't think the de facto head of the alliance could be a dwarf or nelf or space goat it has to be a human.

Surfang would be a good choice, but he's a bit old; unless he were, say, a regent until Thrall's kid comes of age.
    Surfang could just cleave SW in half. Thrall can't do that, aspect or not.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Metzen has also said in the past that stories evolve, though.

VOL'JIN 2016! Screw Hope and Change! Blood and Glory! He got da mojo, mon!

Saurfang is an old done orc now...his son dying, being raised as a dk and then being killed again pretty much took him out, I think. Sad to say, really...he IS awesome.

Eitrigg...I don't know much of anything about him...hmm, he might work. I seem to recall a few quests in the Burning Steppes from him that were fun, but I don't recall specifics.

I do agree that Vol'jin is the best choice...if not him then Baine Bloodhoof might be a decent pick too (depending on how it plays out and if he actually becomes more of a character).

They've been trying to kill off Drek'thar for quite a while (he's OLD), so I wouldn't be surprised to see him go in MoP either...which really leaves no orc of any particular interesting character...with the possible exception of Zaela (the Dragonmaw warlord) OR...who was that chick in Grizzly Hills? Gorgonna. Not sure how a female warchief would play out, though...might be interesting though. And would keep w/the whole orcs-in-charge thing...

If they went the female route as kind of an off set to Jania, it could be Aggra.

Aggra, the most boring orc in lore atm? I'd much rather have Gorgonna than her. Besides, she's gonna be busy keeping the Aspect of Earth warm at night.

Aggra's not boring, she's dynamic - look how she chased Thrall all around and then gave us a nice 365 cloak at the end.

Whoever takes over as Warchief, and it could still be Garrosh if he's freed of his corruption like his father (although that's a bit too much like a rerun) I think next expansion we go back to the common enemy out to destroy all Azeroth model.

Garrosh isn't corrupted, is he? He's just a power hungry racist warmonger who needs to be put down like a rabid dog.

No, what I've read is that there are dark rituals going on under Org that he's been partaking in. I think there's a quest line about it.

I got my beta invite yesterday, but can't get it to install, I keep getting some error message; but my son's instanlled on his computer, I may poke around the quests a bit, but I really don't want to get too invovled in it.

Johny Awesome For Warchief!

Vol'jin or Bloodhoof are the best overall choices, Saurfang is too old, Drek'thar I see best suited getting written out as a martyr dying while taking back Orgrimmar, most women such as Zaela are either too new in the Horde or not politically linked enough to make sense lorewise. Not to mention that Garosh failing to protect Orgrimmar is a pretty compelling argument that Orcs aren't always the best warchiefs.
    Vol'jin as a Troll is more linked to the Horde (Troll headhunters have been part of the Horde since the original Warcraft and Vol'jin specificly has been linked to the construction of Orgrimmar), but I'ld have to give a slight edge to Bloodhoof having the potential to be more vindictive in character and more suited as the leader of a Horde retaliation (with Vol'jin as commander of the Horde's Pandarian conquest forces).

PS: Isn't it ironic that in the 2 years after Garosh fortifies Orgrimmar it gets razed? Some improvements he made!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Quote Originally Posted by Airowird View Post
    Isn't it ironic that in the 2 years after Garosh fortifies Orgrimmar it gets razed? Some improvements he made!
    This is why you want the Undead on your side. We won the battle of wrathgate in like 4 minutes, even made death itself retreat from the battle field. Now we rebel against the horde and raze org to the ground!

Quote Originally Posted by Airowird View Post
    <snip> most women such as Zaela are either too new in the Horde or not politically linked enough to make sense lorewise.<snip again>
    I dunno...they could make that the Horde side of the story...Zaela or Gorganna (both of whom have a history of standing up to leaders of theirs who have gone off the reservation) leading the orcs against Hellscream's rule. It'd be in-character and probably pretty compelling too.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    No, what I've read is that there are dark rituals going on under Org that he's been partaking in. I think there's a quest line about it.

I got my beta invite yesterday, but can't get it to install, I keep getting some error message; but my son's instanlled on his computer, I may poke around the quests a bit, but I really don't want to get too invovled in it.
    Well that would explain how he went from a normal sized brown orc to a mega-orc complete with ugliness enhancements.

Quote Originally Posted by Reev View Post
    Well that would explain how he went from a normal sized brown orc to a mega-orc complete with ugliness enhancements.
    I think the tatts were mentioned in one of the books...how he went from normal-sized to ogre-sized is...less clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ion View Post
    I dunno...they could make that the Horde side of the story...Zaela or Gorganna (both of whom have a history of standing up to leaders of theirs who have gone off the reservation) leading the orcs against Hellscream's rule. It'd be in-character and probably pretty compelling too.
    Yeah I guess I could see that. They'd really need to do a lot of development in the first two tiers though.

+ Reply to Thread