+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dragon Soul Soundtrack

Dragon Soul Soundtrack

I'm currently coming up with a boss battle playlist for our DS raid. I want to have truly epic music to play during boss fights, and I think I'm doing good so far. The following list is in the 'Boss = Band - Song' format

Morchok = Spectre General - Nothing's Gonna Stand in Our Way

Zon'ozz = ???

Yor'sahj = Dethklok - Awaken

Hagara = ???

Blackhorn = Lostprophets - Everyday Combat

Ultraxion = Metallica - My Apocalypse

Spine = Dragonforce - Through the Fire and Flames

Madness = Gamma Ray - Armageddon, Gamma Ray - Dethrone Tyranny

Madness takes so long that it requires two songs back to back. If anyone has some good ideas for Zon'ozz and Hagara, please post them, or just any other suggestions from bosses. I'd like to hear them.

Wheel of Fortune - Hans Zimmer (6:46; also known as the theme from Pirates of the Caribbean)
    Time - Hans Zimmer (4:36; crescendo begins about 2 minutes in, ends at around 3:40)
    Requiem for a Dream (Orchestral version) - Clint Mansell (6:35; heavily overused for a good reason, has a very dramatic and abrupt ending)

for the last bit of madness when Thrall killjacks you:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY

I've added -- Hagara = Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - Face Down -- to the playlist. Not only does the song have a good adrenaline maintaining beat to it, but I've found it's an oddly humorous choice.

Let me preface this by saying that abusing women is never okay. But listening to a song about abusing women while fighting a female boss, during which there's a phase where you just wail on her while she's completely helpless is kinda hilarious.

+ Reply to Thread