+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: The Weekly Marmot - 10/25 Man Shared Lockouts

On topic: One thing for sure is that Blizzard has screwed over-all raiding progression with the multiple formats on same lock-out. It was better in BC.
    Last edited by Krenian; 04-13-2012 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Absolutely inappropriate and unnecessary provocation of a Mod with comment. Removed the comment.

A point that Lore failed to address in this video is: not all 10 man raiders are able to do 25 man. There is a counter argument to both points i will make for this, but blizzard doesn't look at how people should play their game better, they look at how they can make their game easier for people to play. So here's the 2 main reasons:

1) Some of us are blessed enough to be on dead servers where forming a 25man raid group is next to impossible. (this might get fixed in MoP, blizz keeps hinting at something)
    2) A good portion of the raiding community can't do 25 man due to out of date hardware. (computer or internet)

Well all arguments pro and con aside, from a purely personal and selfish point of view, I'd like to see the shared lock out removed. I liked the ability to run 10's and 25s on the same character. It was fun for me; and, to me, the game is about me having fun. I don't see the shared lock out being removed, but I kind of miss those days.

In any event, 25 man pugs were herding cats and with lfr "training" new raiders, pure 25 man pugs would be a nightmare; the bad habits of lfr would creep into them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregasaurous View Post
    A point that Lore failed to address in this video is: not all 10 man raiders are able to do 25 man. There is a counter argument to both points i will make for this, but blizzard doesn't look at how people should play their game better, they look at how they can make their game easier for people to play. So here's the 2 main reasons:

1) Some of us are blessed enough to be on dead servers where forming a 25man raid group is next to impossible. (this might get fixed in MoP, blizz keeps hinting at something)
    2) A good portion of the raiding community can't do 25 man due to out of date hardware. (computer or internet)
    ^ I believe these to be very good points as well!
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

All I'm going to say is that the only way to uncouple lockouts without causing issues would be to just have it let you loot once a week and that's it. While it doesn't give a lot of incentive to rerun that way, if someone needs help you can pitch in without worry. As I saw mentioned when I briefly skimmed the posts, this could cause the legal LFR farming to migrate over, but that's the least of our worries.

Progression minded guilds are already "forced" into running LFR every reset, doing separate lockouts will burn people out faster and will "force" progression raiders into doing the same content 3+ times a reset.

Going back to the old lockout model, they might as well reverse everything and scrap 10man raiding simply because it puts 10man guilds at an unfair disadvantage.., essentially forcing 10man guilds into 25man.

I don't understand how you didn't come across that in your video Lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    Progression minded guilds are already "forced" into running LFR every reset, doing separate lockouts will burn people out faster and will "force" progression raiders into doing the same content 3+ times a reset.

Going back to the old lockout model, they might as well reverse everything and scrap 10man raiding simply because it puts 10man guilds at an unfair disadvantage.., essentially forcing 10man guilds into 25man.

I don't understand how you didn't come across that in your video Lore.
    I... did?

That was like half of what I talked about, lol
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Quote Originally Posted by Rawer View Post
    On topic: One thing for sure is that Blizzard has screwed over-all raiding progression with the multiple formats on same lock-out. It was better in BC.
    It would be nice if they changed the progression back to the way it was in bc, different raids for 10/25. so your not killing the same boss twice a week..then again im sure it would have problems ...but for me i wouldnt mind it being that way again

+ Reply to Thread