[A] <Darkness Within> Kirin Tor - 6/8 DS 10m HC
Darkness Within is a progression oriented Alliance raiding guild on the US Kirin Tor server. We are a well established guild, comprised of talented players, many who have experienced all aspects of the game. Our members have a simple common goal: successful raid progression. Members of Darkness Within are knowledgeable about and focused on end-game content, and have amassed vast experience as we have progressed over the years.
We feel that the major contributing factor to the success of many world class guilds beyond skill is their drive and motivation to succeed as a group. We like to see that same level of motivation applied to our common goals. We aim for realm 1st kills.
We are currently running multiple 10 mans in Dragon Soul with a focus on bringing back late night 25 man raiding to Kirin Tor in Mists of Pandaria. We will ultimately make that decision based on the current status of the guild going into as well as just after entering into the expansion.
Dragon Soul 10m - 6/8 Heroic
10/25 Progression Level Raids
Sun-Thurs - 11:59pm to 3:00am (CST)
Mon-Thurs - 11:59pm to 3:00am (CST)
Invites go out at 11:30pm, 1st Pull by Midnight
10 man Weekend Raiders
Sat-Mon - 7:00pm to 10:00pm (CST)
10 man Weeknight Raiders
Tues&Wed - 7:00pm to 10:00pm (CST)
- We have completed and are continuing to clear many Achievements.
- Members run other instances on off-nights and before/after raids, including heroics, 10 man alt run instances, PvP/arena groups, etc.
Current Recruitment Levels are available at:
Exceptional players will always be considered regardless, as they are often capable of focusing on a particular class or spec build that the guild could use, and are able to play it well. Additionally, other members are able to invest time in to making such a change to better suit their needs and the guild, because they want to earn their raid spot back because an exceptional player simply outperformed them at the time.
- Raid applicants should be prepared to start raiding immediately upon joining. Lockouts for raids reset for Tuesday's raid, this means the first Tuesday after you are added the raid roster, you should be on your main raid toon for the guild by 11:30 (CST), prepared to raid until 3. If you are unable to do this, its is your responsibility to let us know. It is not up to the guild to have to constantly determine your day to day availability. They all expect you to be here for them, just as you expect them to be here for you.
- We are currently recruiting for Mists of Pandaria Progression, applicants should have gear and experience suitable to the current content. Experience with achievements/hard mode encounters in current (and older content, where applicable) is a must.
- Omen, Deadly Boss Mods (or equivalent), and a few class-specific mods depending on your role, are the absolute minimum of essential addons. Others are readily available, and long term members of the guild that play similar classes and/or specs are more than willing to help other players improve their user interface and effective use of their addons.
- Ability to attend all raid days for your group on a regular basis, with little to no major recurring conflicts. We realize the fact that this is a game and hence a volunteer based organization and real life emergencies happen from time to time. You are making a time invested commitment to the other players in the raid, as they are placing that same trust in you, and respect the use of your time. They simply expect the same respect for their time in return. If you know in advance of a conflict with normal raid times, it is up to you to ensure that your raid leader and/or an officer is informed as soon as possible.
- Mumble, and a working mic. Listening and speaking (at least to convey time-sensitive raid information) are both required. When the raid starts pulling, you should be in the channel so that you can hear your raid group, if you are unsure as to where that is because you are new and there are multiple raids going on, whisper the raid leader or an officer. Ignorance is seldom a valid excuse for most anything in progression raiding, and most information that people wouldn't otherwise expect you to know is conveyed clearly and effectively.
- A good attitude towards raiding and other players. Members are expected to bring their "A game" to raids every night, not take excessive AFKs, follow instructions, pay attention, and be raid aware. When we start pulling on progression nights, we are not here to waste other people's time by screwing around.
- A focus on progression. As a guild, our eyes are always on where we're going next, not where we've been. We move older content aside in favor of unkilled bosses and unfinished achievements, and push finished instances aside as soon as practical to leave more time for progression. If your goal is to farm old instances or "easy mode" bosses, this is not the guild for you.
- A sense of humor. We're rough around the edges, largely uncensored, and critical of each other. We make jokes at each other's expense, and give out constructive, but often blunt criticism when mistakes are made for the good of the raid. If you are easily offended by such things, you will not feel at home here. We are honest with each other for the good of the group.
After you submit an application on our website, we will contact you via in game mail within 1 week to either set up a time to discuss the application with you on Mumble or decline your application. If all things go well we will bring you into the guild for a trial period where we will evaluate your overall performance, skill, attitude, and attendance. At the end trial period presuming all goes well, you will be promoted to a member status rank. Most trial members will be tested in some way before progression raiding, and may be brought into the progression run during their trial period at any time for "sink or swim" type evaluation... be prepared! (More information on our trial periods can be found on our application in the link to "Guild Ranks")
Trial periods can be shorter or longer at the discretion of the council. They may simply see a lot of improvements and wish to have more time to get a solid evaluation. The other side of the coin being a shorter trial period because of failures and/or clear irreconcilable differences.
Contact Information -
If you have any specific questions about the guild, the app process or anything not listed here, feel free to contact:
Shadow Envoy - Daine (Recruitment Officer)
Shadow Council - Durlockozk, Chilene, Bronkar
Shadow Master (GM) - Setlo
Please do not contact other guild members simply to check the "status" of your application. If for some reason AFTER 1 week you have not received a response to your application, feel free to contact us in game. Note: We do raid invites at 11:30PM CST, whispering a member of the council or the GM to ask about your application during raid times is not likely to produce the desired response at that time. Nothing is of greater importance at that time to us, than ensuring effective raids for the entire guild.
Thank you and good luck! =)
Tags for this Thread