+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heroic Yorsaj VS Prot Warrior

Heroic Yorsaj VS Prot Warrior

Ok, so to start with, I do already have a kill on this boss, but it was rough, and we weren't able to kill it a 2nd time a week later due to time constraints, a few sloppy attempts + bad RNG. So enough with the background, down to business: on this fight Mirror of Broken Images is a must. Good, we all agree. As a shield tank though, is it still top priority to maintain CTC cap for this fight? or are the melee swings really just a non-issue? And obviously it's only REALLY a concern on purple phase where every heal has to count.

This is my normal setup: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...avist/advanced I CtC cap with +.02% (+90 parry food and full raid buffs) if i recall correctly from the last time i adjusted it for a new piece. I did decide to put wind-walk to rest since the 600 dodge wasn't really all that appealing anymore. Though i must admit with upwards of 30k AP with a full stack of vengeance and raid buffs, landslide is kinda meh itself. But i digress, that's another topic entirely.

Basically I could do 1 of a few things:
    1) Just swap Fire for Mirror, putting me 137 mastery (1.15%) below CTC cap.
    2) Swap Fire for Mirror, use Prismatic/Master instead of steelskin, putting me 88 mastery over cap and adding another 12% magic resistance on top of the 12% from kings/mark, but losing some EHP.

So yeah, that's pretty much what i've thought of, any advice on that or any other helpful comments would be appreciated.

Mirror and a stamina trinket IMO - the DoT is the dangerous thing, his melee is fairly painless. Shield Block reduces magical damage taken by 20% for a few seconds every 30, so you can use that twice. Mirror is a once per phase cooldown, save it for towards the end. I like to use a hefty cooldown when the blue ball spawns the first time as the healers are only able to heal conservatively for the first ten seconds of the 45 second phase. Don't forget that the DoT will continue to tick for about 7 seconds after the boss stops hitting you to summon the next goops.

We 2 tank (warrior/dk) and 2 heal this fight (Pally, me; and a Shammy). Neither tank uses the Mirror and we haven't found it necessary; the fight seems to be a healing show. We've found that the adds not dying quickly (Yellow, Black, whatever combo) caused us the most issues. Once your healers get a feel for the purple it becomes a much smoother fight. I found once I got over the "purple zmog I can't heal anyone" feeling to watching who has stacks and how many and preforming triage it went much smoother.

We're kind of not fancy is the way we do things - we kill the blue ball, we don't take it to 80% and leave it up; we pop hero and blow cooldowns on the Black, Yellow, Red combo; we have our tanks swap and no one really changes out trinkets or such for the fight.

What is the deal with the adds' aggro? Every time we attempt this boss it seems no matter how much threat/tauntage goes on they go to others. I could have clear aggro on a mob yet it follows our rogue around slapping him in the ass. Is it just heal thru, or is there a method to the madness?

(sorry for the hijack)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

The small adds do not react to taunting, nor can you get them to focus on you by out-threating dps.

Yeah, the small adds just latch onto someone and smack away as Fetzie said they can't be taunted - they need to be zerg'd down quickly and with extreme prejudice. With the 15% debuff they're not as horrible as when we tried pre-nerf, but they still cause a lot of unnecessary healing to have to go out. If you get a yellow, black, you will most likely carry a few with you to the next blood phase; not guaranteed like pre 15%, but there's a good chance.

DBM will tell you who they're on.

>What is the deal with the adds' aggro?

There does seem to be a period right when they spawn where they have yet to fixate on anyone.

They take about 3 seconds to fixate, and from that point onwards the only way to stop them targeting that person is to kill them. BoP does not seem to work, don't think Fade does either.

or Feighn Death. no surprise really that mobs that ignore the aggro table, ignore effects that modify the aggro table.

Yeah, they're jsut kind of a minor annoyance if you have the right raid comp. Stack up and AOE the crap out of them. (unless you take a green)

1 shot H-Yors tonight, flew on over and decided to make H-Zonozz roll over as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    They take about 3 seconds to fixate, and from that point onwards the only way to stop them targeting that person is to kill them. BoP does not seem to work, don't think Fade does either.
    Their only attack isn't physical, so Hand of Protection shouldn't have an effect. Since you're dealing with a fixate effect, no threat dumps will work because it's not a matter of threat, it's a matter of you having their debuff. A full immunity effect however such as Divine Shield since it will make you immune to their attack should cause them to temporarily pick a new target until the immunity ends.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

+ Reply to Thread