+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Macro to target attacker of target. HALP.

Macro to target attacker of target. HALP.

Curious if there is a macro out there to target the attacker of a target. This is mainly to protect healers and because it is groups where mobs have the same name i wont always target the right npc. id also like it it be universal so i dont have to change the macro for each encounter. but if i have to i will. obviously my real issue is that the healer is healing and not targeting the mob attacking them, otherwise i would just target of target. ty.

if this is not possible, please offer work-arounds. a theory has already been brought up to have the healer target their attacker and cast macros to target of target, thus healing themselves.

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=targettarget] ability

Will cast an ability on the target's target, You can't really target with a specific mobs with macors unless your going for /assist x and have player x manaully target the specific mob. I wouldn't bother and just get Tidyplates & Threatplates and enjoy the multicoloured goodness.

As Tengenstein says, this isn't what you want to do. Your healer is not likely targeting a hostile unit. Rather they are likely targeting people in your group, cause that's who they heal.

Target of target taunting (TauntMaster) is bad practice for any tank to get into. The only reliable method of handling things is using hostile nameplates (standard or modified). You can never rely on someone else to target the right thing for you because at any moment they can simply change targets. You have to be able to pick that target yourself.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

And actually to answer the original question...

Is there a method to target attacker of target?

No.

There is no such unit id provided by Blizzard because there can be a limitless number of attackers number of them. When 10,000 things are attacking that player, how would the game possibly know which one you want to target. A unit id has to be something that your game can uniquely identify and only a unit id can be used for what you're trying to accomplish.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Macro to target attacker of target. HALP.

Second vote for tidy plates. Get that and the tidy plates:threat plates plugin. Turn on your hostile nameplates and enjoy the new world of control you will have on pulls.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

+ Reply to Thread