+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot Warrior - H:Yorsaj

Prot Warrior - H:Yorsaj

We attempted this for the first time two nights ago and are continuing it tonight. I'm getting owned.

Was planning on trying the Mastery/Resistance elixir combo tonight, and was wondering if switching to Effulgent Shadowspirit Diamond would be helpful for the 2% spell dmg reduction? I will also be using Mirror of Broken Images instead of my other master trinket.

Here's my armory, any thoughts from a warrior perspective?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...btohd/advanced

All those things would help. None will overcome skipping Last Stand.

Yeah, I don't like not having last stand, but with our raid comp we needed Rallying Cry for our healers and since they share the same CD, I put that point elsewhere.

We managed 30% consistently .. so it's an improvement

But, But if you're getting owned you need your CDs, What is the raid comp? I dont recall needing Rallying cry at all.

First off ... we've killed him successfully twice now But I figured I'd post in case anyone else was curious

Rallying Cry was for when we had a bad healing phase...which underlines the problems we were having. It wasn't so much tanking gear issues as it was healers used to LFR/Normal mode issues.

The idea behind Rallying Cry though was that everyone in the raid would benefit from it during those heavy AoE healing phases rather than just me. And the 10% difference every 3 min was not going to really be that game changing since I was usually dying after CDs were used anyway. Not saying it was right...just where we came to.

It had been really frustrating up until that point because when the tank dies consistently, it makes you feel like a punk .. until you realize you can blame your healers

So for the rest of you warrior tanks who are being yelled at to roll DK...it's doable. Cause if I can tank it...anyone can tank it

um, the only benefit rallying cry gives healing are more breathing room before people die, and total HP based heals such as frenzied regen, enraged Regen, and spirit link totem, death strike (though unlikely due to the damage/time based healing mechanic) and Bloodthirst. Of which only SLT is based on the targets total HP. think its more a Placebo for your healers.

yes, that is the conclusion we came to as well

from a warrior tanking perspective, we do it like this:

off the pull, i tank him first to 3 stacks, and then the oozes appear. we kill one, the boss goes active again, and one of the tanks will pop a 4pc CD (we alternate between SW and DG). then i take 2 stacks and lore taunts. i'll pop my mirror around this time, usually as SW or DG wears off. once lore gets to 3, i taunt and safeguard-intervene him. he'll also do stuff like bubble off his stacks or pop a CD.

this way, a tank never gets to 3 stacks in the middle of a phase when all the rest of the damage is going out - having 3 stacks PLUS dealing with green- or red-ooze damage was too much for us too. having the 3 stack is manageable when Yor'sahj goes to channel in the middle of the room, since by then all the other damage sources are gone.

sometimes when lore's not there we have another warrior go tank, and this same strat works well so long as the tank that gets 3 at the end remembers to use/ask for some kind of cooldown if they need one.

i fiddled around with the resist flask as well as we were learning the fight, but these days i don't bother with more than equipping mirror. the real trick was minimizing the # of stacks i took mid-phase.
    You never go full Rickotron.

25 man though right? cause doin 2 tanks in 10s would be silly

i'm pretty sure the learning curve we faced, as with all heroics, has been the healers getting the hang of it...i was just really frustrated with this one in particular.

although, with the 15% this week, we didn't even bother to flask

Using Mirror of Broken Images when we killed this pre-nerf worked wonders for the magical damage tick.

+ Reply to Thread